Senior Engineer, Customer Solutions Engineering
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17083.CSE-Europe & Middle East
Location: New Delhi, India
Travel %: Less than 20%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
This position applies system level communications engineering knowledge to provide pre-sales and post-sales technical consultancy to existing and prospective customers, and the sales organization, to help drive revenues and ensure customer satisfaction. The Customer Solutions Engineer (CSE) helps identify customer needs then designs technical and operational solutions adapted to these needs and to customer-perceived risks. The CSE manages the senior technical relationship with the customer for the entire life cycle of the service, including supporting the company's operations teams and the customer during times of technical/operational difficulties.
You must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered for the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering, Physics, with at least three (3) years of relevant experience, preferably including Sales Engineering, Customer Solutions Engineering or Capacity Management
- Must have effective command of the English language, both written and oral.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% including some international travel.
- Experience calculating link budgets.
- Knowledge of and some experience with state-of-the art industry products for ground segment equipment and terrestrial networking infrastructure.
- Knowledge of communications network engineering/design and the economics of satellite communications solutions.
- Knowledge and experience in vendor VSAT Corporate Networks products and market trends for corporate and private networks.
- Knowledge of the Broadcast industry and video distribution technologies.
- Desire to engage and develop trusting relationships.
- Multitasker with strong organization and Project Management skills.
- Ability and to work independently and desire to collaborate as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism and maturity in dealing with and seeking creative solutions to problems.
- Knowledge of the sales/buying processes and demonstrated ability to engage and develop trusting relationships with customers, at all levels, and internally with sales directors.
Candidates With the following are given preference:
- Experience and training in proposal development and customer presentations preferred.
- Develop and maintain trusting and collaborative customer technical relationships so that the customer experiences Intelsat's technical and operational excellence.
- Work collaboratively with all levels of the customer organization to help the sales team identify the customer needs and drivers both technically and financially.
- Perform communications system design and feasibility analysis to develop win-win solutions that meet both the customer needs and internal strategies.
- Support sales team through customer needs assessments, proposal development and customer communications.
- Support satellite transitions and role consolidation activities by providing technical analysis and coordination between customers and the capacity management, and sales to achieve smooth and effective transitions.
- Support satellite grooming initiatives by providing technical analysis and coordination between customers and the capacity management, sales, yield management, and operations to help achieve desired capacity optimizations at minimum costs to Intelsat and maximum benefit/minimum disruption to the customers.
- Use the knowledge gained by working directly with customers to provide market intelligence to the Product Management and New Product Development teams, helping to guide product evolution and new product developments.
- Provide customer training on Intelsat products, customer tools, and Intelsat operations.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.