Manager, Enterprise Support - IT
Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg BNA seeks a Manager, Enterprise Support- IT to be responsible for managing all aspects of end-user support from initial incident or request through remediation and/or fulfillment. This includes not only workstation break-fix, but also OS, software and application deployment. This position requires hands-on skills, as well as the ability to inspire staff and to be the “face” of IT to the end-user community. Through their inspired leadership of all support staff, they continuously deliver world class service to all BBNA employees.
- Provide day-to-day management of Tier2 and Tier3 Enterprise Support staff.
- Foster and maintain a spirit of collaboration and camaraderie within the team to help drive career growth as well as end-user satisfaction.
- Provide oversight for Tier1 outsourced Help Desk; interact directly with Help Desk managers and supervisors in order to drive service improvements.
- Provide KPI reporting on all service performance metrics.
- Manage incident and request queues with primary focus on adherence to internal SLA’s.
- Function as a technical and/or business escalation resource for all Enterprise Support teams.
- Provide HW/SW procurement, planning, building, implementation, maintenance and support. Perform hardware maintenance, as needed. Keep abreast of changes in user and system software and hardware requirements.
- Assist in testing and configuring applications on Windows, MacOS and *nix platforms; assist in developing and testing scripts to monitor and control system resources; diagnose hardware and software problems and performs repairs.
- Provide support to end-users on a variety of issues and problems; identify, research, and resolve technical issues; document, track and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
7+ years’ experience working with applications on PCs running Microsoft and MacOS operating systems, with 5+ years of providing user support in a network/PC environment; 2+ years’ managing technical staff, ideally in a Service Desk environment; experience with installation and configuration of Windows and *nix server operating systems; solid understanding of Active Directory and components like Group Policy Objects, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Service Pack/Hot Fix deployment, etc; experience with multiple methodologies of Application Delivery, such as AppV and Citrix; ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and make logical decisions; ability to effectively communicate and listen; verbally and in writing; desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities; excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; willingness and ability to ‘dig deep’ and think “out of the box” to find solutions to problems; flexibility to work in a 24x7 environment with on-call responsibilities; active contributor to socialize processes, ideas, workflow, and approaches; exceptional customer service skills with focus on improving client satisfaction; proven ability to effectively represent IT to Management and Executive-level end-users; ability to work in a team environment; ability to prioritize responsibilities and handle multiple tasks; ability to understand specific knowledge of the client and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals; working knowledge of SAN/NAS architecture and implementations; working knowledge of Virtual Desktop delivery technologies; Bachelor’s degree with coursework in computer science or data communications, or a certificate in a computer-related area, or an equivalent combination of coursework and experience.
Apply for Manager, Enterprise Support - IT
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly