Assistant Managing Editor
Assists the Managing Editor with the operational, editorial, and production activities of assigned product(s).
Assistant Managing Editors at this classification may perform or assist the Managing Editor to perform any or all of the following:
- Plans product scope and coverage.
- Assists with the coordination of writing, reporting, and editing assignments, including organizing coverage and assignments with staff and others.
- Keeps abreast of current developments, trends, and issues affecting relevant subject area.
- Develops and maintains professional contacts in the government and private sectors, to be used as authors, advisors, or otherwise.
- Assists with the coordination of activities of product advisory board to maximize opportunities for product improvement and promotion.
- Ensures deadlines are met.
- Supervises staff and provides opportunities for development and improvements of subject area knowledge, reporting, writing, research, technical, and other skills.
- Assists in the development of sales, marketing, and strategic efforts, including social media.
- Monitors the business and financial performance of product(s).
- Responds to requests or comments from subscribers and sales reps.
- Explores new product proposals and innovations.
- Maintains current knowledge of developments on issues related to product scope.
- Copy edits, reports, and writes related material.
- Assists with preparing and monitoring budget and ensure compliance.
- Works with HR to provide feedback and input on personnel activities, such as performance evaluations, new hires, promotions, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
5 + years’ relevant experience which includes reporting, writing, and substantive copy editing of complex materials; 1+ year of management or demonstrated leadership experience; working knowledge of subjects covered by assigned product(s), including issues, trends, and target markets; understanding of publishing systems and workflows; excellent writing, reporting, researching, editing, and copy editing skills; working knowledge of government and regulatory processes; excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to use project resources and staff effectively within established schedules, budgets, and guidelines; excellent interpersonal skills to deal with customers, staff, and contacts inside and outside Bloomberg BNA and BGOV; excellent decision-making skills; ability to meet strict deadlines; proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office.Bachelor’s degree required; English or Journalism preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
Apply for Assistant Managing Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly