Director of Development
The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids (CTFK) is seeking a Director of Development responsible for planning and implementing a comprehensive fundraising program, communicating with current and prospective donors, and building a strong network of activities and approaches for sustained fund development. This position manages the cultivation of individual, foundation and corporate gifts, coordinates the growth of a mid-range Gift Program, and oversees the development of marketing materials, on-line giving, and Annual Gala. The Director currently supervises three development professionals in: foundation and corporate oversight, events management, donor research/tracking and solicitations. This position reports to the Vice President, Development and External Relations.
QUALIFICATIONS: NOTE (Please do not apply if you do not meet the top five qualifications)
- 8+ years’ successful fundraising experience, particularly major-gift fundraising and solicitations.
- 5+ years of supervisory, staff and budget management experience.
- Proven track record in building foundation, corporate and other external relationships.
- Confident leadership skills with ability to initiate donor visits, fundraising calls, and successfully CLOSE requests.
- Ability to create and maintain a rolodex of individuals who can support, connect, and help build gifts.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and verbal communication skills with established grant-writing experience in mixed markets.
- Can build and motivate staff, board members and other partners.
- Familiarity with Razor’s Edge and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Solid knowledge of event management and fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Displays a positive attitude, demonstrates common sense and good listening ability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field.
- Successfully communicate and grow a funding program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors and supporters.
- Oversee development staff and program budget supporting: research, proposal development and reporting, fundraising Gala, donor solicitations, annual mailings, and special fundraising drives.
- Directs other major fundraising initiatives and activities including special events.
- Serves as public outreach lead in selected markets to make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about CTFK.
- Collaborates with fundraising management and staff on prospect outreach.
- Oversees creation of publications to support fundraising activities including Annual Report and other information brochures.
- Ensures the vitality of an inter-active database to support on-going development efforts.
- Embraces and innovatively conveys the mission of Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids (U.S, & Global).
- Performs other related duties as requested by Vice President, Development and External Affairs.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, include salary requirement, and attach your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position code: DD-06 in the subject line of your email. Please carefully review top requirements before you apply. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No Phone Calls Please.
The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.
The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids is a leader in the fight to reduce tobacco use in the United States and around the world. By changing public attitudes and public policies on tobacco, the Campaign works to prevent kids from smoking, help smokers quit and protect everyone from secondhand smoke. A non-profit organization established in 1996, the Campaign works with more than 130 organizational partners, including public health, medical, education, civic, corporate, youth and religious organizations. The Campaign does not accept any government or tobacco industry funding.