Prison Fellowship's (PF) Human Resources Team is seeking a Recruiting Manager to join us in our headquarters office in Lansdowne, VA. In this role you will partner with the VP, Human Resources to build a comprehensive and agile recruiting strategy, special projects and assist in the development of an annual recruiting plan. Identify, recruit, screen, evaluate, interview, and recommend candidates for open positions. Network through creative sourcing and working collaboratively with contract recruiting services. Serve as key resource for and coordinate process of recruiting efforts based in the field. Write job ads and schedule team interviews.
- Recruit, screen, and coordinate hiring of open positions, including temporary staff. Coordinate field-based recruiting efforts carried out by field staff. Interact with external contracted recruiters; manage the process from assignment to hire. Personally conduct or advise managers on recruitment process, networking with key pastors and Christian professionals, drafting and placing newspaper and other ads, screening resumes, conducting phone and personal interviews, and making recommendations to managers of final candidates. Complete reference checks or coach and advise hiring managers on procedures for effective reference checking and interviewing techniques. Maintain records as required by law and internal procedures.
- Management: Develop and implement recruitment strategies, tactics, funnels, and procedures. Assist with special projects to include revising and/or creating recruitment and screening tools, preparing advertising/promotional materials, and developing contact databases within key professions among Christian organizations. Contribute to the preparation of employment-related training. Assist with policies and procedures related to employment. Collect information from senior management and draft annual recruiting plan for the ministry.
- Partner with other HR team members to build position profiles, aligning competencies and skill sets. Ensure current benchmarking via PayScale compensation model. Develop creative networks for recruiting, including the internet, user groups, associations and radio or newspaper advertising. Participate in career fairs. Develop and deliver presentations related to PF staffing. Remain abreast of recruiting trends and emerging technology and apply as appropriate. Able to continually adapt to new sourcing strategies while constantly focusing on the needs and objectives of PF. Oversee the support services of other recruiting employees or sources to ensure high level of supports and performance. Remain adept at analyzing current recruitment practices, acquiring data, evaluating data and helping to create more efficient and effective recruiting strategies.
- 10+ years recruiting and placing individuals
- College degree (human resources education preferred); prefer PHR/SPHR certification
- Hiring processes and related laws; networking; presentations
- Mature Christian in agreement with PF's Statement of Faith, Mission, Vision and Values
- Strong gift of discernment.
- Proficient in use of internet, email, search engines, MS Office; experience with databases
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; must also have diplomacy skills
- Self-starter with proven organizational skills and ability to work independently; proven ability to work with all levels of management; established recruiting network through local associations
- 5% travel
- Satisfactory background check (PF does not discriminate against individuals with a prior criminal history)
If you feel God is calling you to partner with us in this important role, submit your cover letter and resume online: https://www.prisonfellowship.org/resources/careers/employment/
Prison Fellowship® was founded in 1976 by Charles Colson, a former aide to President Nixon who served a seven-month sentence for a Watergate-related crime. Today, Prison Fellowship is the nation’s largest outreach to prisoners, former prisoners, and their families. Established on the belief that all people are created in God’s image and that no life is beyond His reach, Prison Fellowship takes a restorative approach to all those affected by crime and incarceration. We strive to make prisons safer and more rehabilitative, advance criminal justice reforms, and support former prisoners, their families, and their communities.
Visit us online to learn more about us: https://www.prisonfellowship.org/