We are hiring Commercial Building Engineers. We have a large portfolio of high-end office buildings in the D.C. metro area and, due to growth and promotions, are looking for a number of Building Engineers in Reston, VA, D.C., and Chevy Chase, MD. Our Building Engineers maintain the integrity of all office building systems, operate the buildings in a responsible and efficient manner, and perform and track a variety of tenant services all while maintaining world-class tenant relations.
For more details and to apply, visit our careers page at http://www.bostonproperties.com/pages/careers
Boston Properties is a fully integrated, self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust that develops, redevelops, acquires, manages, operates and owns a diverse portfolio of Class A office space, one hotel, four residential properties and five retail properties. The Company is one of the largest owners and developers of Class A office properties in the United States, concentrated in five markets - Boston, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco and Washington, DC.
Successful Candidates will have:
- High School diploma or equivalent educational certification preferred.
- 2 - 6 years of experience as a Maintenance Technician / Building Engineer or equivalent field experience required including working knowledge of commercial office building systems.
- Comprehensive training and certification in HVAC and other technologies relating to building engineering and/or equivalent job related training and experience.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision in a fast paced environment and deal effectively with multiple, simultaneous deadlines and projects. Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, set priorities and optimize the performance of others.
- Advanced knowledge of OSHA, NEC and NFC codes and regulations.
- Ability to participate in on-call schedule for after hour calls required. This may include working alternative schedules during on-call period (e.g. 7:00am – 3:30pm or 12:00pm – 8:30pm, etc.)
- Strong technical and problem solving abilities including those related to mechanical controls and Building Automation Systems.
- Intermediate skills necessary to operate computer for general day to day work and communications.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing as needed.
- Strong working knowledge of web based work order systems, such as Angus, Interwise, Energy Link or similar required.
- Demonstrate exemplary tenant relation skills. Project a positive appearance and attitude at all times.
- Flexibility to work at various properties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Possess knowledge of safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hand tools, including but not limited to, a snow blower.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record when required.
- Licenses(s) for applicable jurisdiction and equipment as required based on location:
- DC Properties – DC 3rd Class Steam Engineer’s License
- Maryland Properties – 1st Grade Stationary Engineer’s License
- Virginia Properties -- NIULPE 1st Class Engineer’s Certificate
- Operating or Steam engineering license
- CFC certification for the type of equipment serviced. (Universal Certification preferred.)
- SMT certification or enrollment in program preferred
No agencies please.
Boston Properties is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.