Christian Connections for International Health (CCIH) is a membership association founded in 1987. Today we are a diverse network of approximately 170 organizations and 400 individuals from across the globe that represents a collective Christian voice. Our mission is to promote global health and wholeness from a Christian perspective.
The role of the Conference Coordinator in general is to conduct the operations of the CCIH conference, particularly with respect to logistics, vendor management, registration, scheduling, and administration. Responsibilities may include the following:
- Availability to train in the conference registration software (Lanyon’s RegOnline®) as soon as possible.
- Creating and maintaining the annual conference registration website (both online registration form and informational website).
- Serving as first point of contact for all registrants and interested parties, including sending out arrival information.
- Reviewing all registrations on a regular basis; following up with registrants in order to ensure accurate completion and payment of registration.
- First point of contact for persons who may need a visa to enter the United States and providing personalized CCIH invitation letters.
Other Conference Tasks
- Serving as the main point of contact for venue personnel, and ensuring that all venue reservations are accurate (conference space, space furnishings, lodging reservations and proper housing sheets, catering, A/V equipment and personnel, etc).
- Ensuring all conference supplies, registration materials, and “swag” are purchased at economical prices.
- Creating meal tickets for attendees, badges, and attendee packets, as well as assembling attendee bags.
- Creating post-conference reports of attendee demographics and lessons learned.
CCIH Staff Support
- Working with the Operations Officer to track expenses and maintain a working budget.
- Working with the Program Director to create and manage the assignment and schedule of CCIH staff duties at the conference.
- Working with the Communications Manager to finalize the conference program.
- Availability to be on-site overnight at the conference to set up, staff, and manage on-site registration and check in; liaise with conference venue personnel; and teardown registration and exhibit space.
- Hours: possibly 10-15 hours/week from now until early April; approximately 20 hours/week mid-April until one month prior to the conference; possibly 30 hours/week in the month leading up to the conference; full-time during conference week.
- Based in the Washington, DC Metro Area.
- Experience with coordination of conference registration (150+ attendees) and liaising with conference venues and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well remotely with occasional in-person meetings.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to manage tasks in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Professional demeanor and proven ability to work well with diverse groups of people.
- Intermediate or better computer skills (MS Office applications and Internet).
- Familiarity with the current RegOnline® platform a plus (regonline.com)
Please send a cover letter indicating your interest and how you heard about the role, resume, and 1-2-page writing sample by October 23, 2017.
NOTE: CCIH also has an opening for a part time Member Relations Coordinator at about 1-2 days per week. Please indicate in your cover letter whether you would be interested in both positions.