Sr Principal Engineer, Network w/Polygraph
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
Location: Herndon Hours: TBD Candidate should have at least 10 years of network engineering experience. Demonstrated experience with network equipment (routers, switches, bridges) telecommunication systems (ATM SONET) and cloud (AWS/AZURE) web based services. Engineering experience with the full life cycle support of TCP/IP and/or telephony networks. Working knowledge of telecommunication systems and network architecture and its interoperability with applications, databases, and other network devices. The candidate will use those knowledge areas (networking & telecommunications) for troubleshooting, incident handling and/or deconfliction of technical and operational areas
1. Provides expert level analysis of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Serves as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.