Motor Vehicle Operator
Learn more about this agency
This position is located in George Washington Memorial Parkway, in the Maintenance Division. Please visit find a park for additional park information.
This is a Full-Time TERM position. Appointment to this/these position will not convey permanent status in the Federal service and will be for a period not to exceed thirteen months, with possible extensions up to a total of four years without further competition.
Noncompetitive/Special Hiring Authorities - Those eligible to be considered based on a Special or Noncompetitive Hiring Authority (i.e., VRA, 30% or more Disabled Veterans, Schedule A, Returning Peace Corps Volunteers, VISTA Alumni, Certain, Military Spouses, Public Lands Corps Alumni, Pathways interns who are eligible for noncompetitive conversion, etc.) may apply for this position.
Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. All travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected employee.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required to transport materials from site to site,or to attend training.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- You will be required to submit to a drug test and receive a negative drug test result prior to appointment. In addition, this position is subject to random testing for illegal drug use.
- You must possess and maintain a current Class B, or higher Commercial Driver's License .
- You will be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided.
- You may be required to work on-call, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and shift work.
- You will be required to complete a one-year trial period.
- Do you have the ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision? (SCREEN OUT)
- This position requires that the incumbent possess a Valid state or District of Columbia Class B Commercial Driver's License or higher.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no substitution of education for experience for Wage Grade (WG) positions.
This announcement may be used to fill additional positions if identical vacancies occur within 90 days of the issue date of the referral certificate.
Physical Demands: Moderate physical effort is needed by this position in operating, turning, backing, and controlling vehicles which carry heavy loads or a large number of people. Required to frequently lift items weighing over 50 pounds. Considerable physical effort may be required to change tires and make limited emergency repairs, such as installing an emergency fan belt or replacing an electrical fuse on open highways.
Working Conditions: Incumbent is required to work outside and is exposed to extreme hot and cold temperatures. Operates vehicles in all types of traffic and weather on public roads and is exposed to the danger of serious accidents.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document that you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. Click the following link for more information, https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the Occupational Questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses provided in the Occupational Questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation, you will be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully; errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Candidates will be rated and ranked using Category Rating procedures. These procedures place candidates with veteran's preference above non-preference eligibles within each category. Veterans with a service connected disability of at least 10 percent are listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. Under Category Rating, candidates will be rated and ranked into one of three categories:
- Best Qualified - applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors and are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position
- Well Qualified - applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors and are proficient in most of the requirements of the job
- Qualified - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors and are proficient in some, but not all of the requirements of the job.
- Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. (related to mobile equipment operation)
- Operation of Motor Vehicles
- Work Practices (including keeping things neat, clean, and in order)