MIlitary Personnel & Administrative Assisstant
7 days left
- Full Time
Learn more about this agency
ATTENTION: Some hyperlinks in this Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) have been updated and are available HERE.
Please reference the documents in the website link above, titled: Applicant Checklist - (External) - Proof of Eligibility; and Employment of Federal Civilian Annuitants. OPM Career Transition Resources website:www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transiti
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This is a military technician position with the US Army Reserves. Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
This position is with the Reserve Personnel Action Center Hub, MD040, located in Fort Meade, MD
Who May Apply: US Citizens
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 5%
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation costs may be paid if the selecting official determines the relocation is in the best interests of the government.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 50 position.
To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: performing clerical or administrative tasks such as preparing correspondence, filing and data entry; processing a variety of personnel or pay actions; and interpreting and/or applying regulatory or procedural requirements. This definition of [general or specialized] experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service, GS-05.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Fundamentals and Operations of Military and Civilian Pay
- Oral Communication
- Personnel Action Processing and Recordkeeping
- Written Communication
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience above in order to qualifyFor this job, you must meet the qualifications requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. Read more Security clearance Secret