IT SPECIALIST ((INFOSEC)(PLCYPLN))
This position is located in the Department of the Treasury, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Enterprise Business Solutions, Digital Services Team. The goal of the IT Specialist/Digital Services Expert is to work with a diverse group of stakeholders across the federal government to improve the complex digital services the government delivers to citizens and businesses. The incumbent will improve Treasury digital services through quantitative and qualitative application of user needs assessment.Learn more about this agency
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-15, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Experience with establishing, recommending, and implementing tools, technology, and process solutions for large enterprise-level projects.; AND
- Experience with modern software practices, such as: DevOps, Web portals and applications, software development, system integration, Web Content Management Systems, including Drupal, and Cloud technologies and the underlying protocols and standards used in the operation of those technologies.; AND
- Experience with technology initiatives, standards, and processes that are similar to those used in the federal government, such as FISMA, FedRAMP, Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA), Federal Digital Services Playbook, and Section 508.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- A recruitment incentive may be offered.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Communication. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, A, B, or C depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
This announcement is issued under "direct-hire" authority. Consistent with 5 U.S.C 3304(a)(3) and OPM regulations (5 CFR 337 Subpart B) on direct-hire: All candidates who meet all the qualification and other eligibility requirements may be referred for consideration. Competitive examining rules providing for rating and ranking and veterans' preference do not apply.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here.