Director of Information Technology
This position is located in the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Office of Information Technology, Virginia Square duty location in Arlington, VA of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Serves as the Director of Information Technology (IT) and performs a key leadership role in IT by partnering with business stakeholders to deliver services, optimize processes, and ensure business alignment. Serves as the technical and business process expert for targeted OIG functions, with supervisory control over the Information Technology Team (ITT). The ITT comprises all of the information technology functions for the OIG (information security, systems administration, OIG internal and external web pages, network services, and IT support for investigations and audits. Responsible for all strategic and tactical IT planning, policy direction, budgeting, procurement, and administration for OIG IT programs to include supporting the needs of the Electronic Crimes Unit in the OIG Office of Investigations. Participates in the development and implementation of a comprehensive program which is responsive to the interests and needs of the OIG.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
High Risk Position - Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) required.Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For the CM-1 grade level, applicants must possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the CG/GS-13 for higher in the Federal service. For this position, specialized experience is expereince in IT Enterprise Architecture, IT Project Management, network services and monitoring IT contracts.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Subsequent to making the basic qualification determination based on information contained in your resume and the online assessment questionnaire, applicants will be notified with additional evaluation criteria to address in response to competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) described below. Only submit the required documentation until you are notified with the additional evaluation criteria.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
The competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) you will be assessed on are listed below. Top ranked candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further review and consideration.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise/lead an information technology group performing work in information security, systems administration, internal and external web pages, network services, and IT work support for investigations and audits.Demonstrated ability to set and adjust short-term priorities and schedule work completion; and assign work to staff based on consideration of difficulty, requirements of assignments and staff capabilities.
- Knowledge of the principles and requirements of the Inspector General Act and the Federal Information Systems Modernization Act (FISMA), and related standards and guidelines, including the structure and function of IT systems, applications, IT policies and procedures used by Office of Inspectors General to prevent and detect fraud and abuse.
- Expert knowledge of Cloud technologies and the processes required to efficiently move IT operations to a cloud environment.
- Expert knowledge of project management tools, principles and techniques in an IT environment in order to ensure the effective and efficient development of systems, including expert knowledge of the basic techniques of program management in a multi-disciplined IT environment to ensure timely completion of program projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge in IT and telecommunications technology including hardware, software, and systems design as well as a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the IT industry and emerging technologies. Knowledge required to direct the planning, developing and implementing of systems as well as to gauge the capabilities and reasonableness of proposed solutions to integrate systems and services to meet current and future business requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to design and build networks and systems to support the activities of a Federal audit and law enforcement organization with a nationwide footprint.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating clearly in writing and orally, for both internal and external audiences, the effects of project plans and program requirements upon related organizations and resources.
- Demonstrated knowledge of government contracting and procurement procedures to ensure that appropriate practices are followed.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI