MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level)
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position
- Serve a one year supervisory or managerial probationary period, if required
- Complete a “Declaration of Federal Employment” (OF-306) to determine suitability for Federal employment.
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-13 salary range starts at $94 ,767.00per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: At least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is: experience analyzing and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of administrative or technical programs; conducting studies, analyzing findings and making recommendations on substantive on substantive programs; identifying or developing metrics to measure success of initiatives and using quantitative data to determine if success has been met.
Bargaining Unit status: NFFE
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews maybeapproved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
- Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
- Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
All the information you provide will be verified by a review of the work experience and/or education as shown on your application forms, by checking references and through other means, such as the interview process. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of management principles, organizational theory, and techniques of evaluation and analysis in order to assess operational processes in organizations and analyze and recommend solutions to difficult and controversial problems.
- Skill in written communication to produce reports, policy recommendations, strategies, and effective management communications.
- Knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative techniques required to collect and analyze program and project data.
We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation