Chief, Mechanical Systems Division
1. Demonstrated ability to apply advanced engineering principles and practices to mechanical engineering efforts to support instruments and platforms for a variety of ground-based, suborbital, and orbital space and earth science missions.
2. Demonstrated ability to manage and direct mechanical engineering efforts and expertise for activities related to multiple operational programs, missions and projects across the systems life-cycle from design through implementation, including integration, environmental simulation, and test meeting cost and schedule constraints.
3. Demonstrated ability and vision to strategically manage technical capabilities (facilities, infrastructure, resources) for a large organization driven by a changing environment including the management of technical contracts.
U.S. citizenship is required
IMPORTANT: CANDIDATES MUST FULLY ADDRESS ALL ITEMS UNDER EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS AS WELL AS ALL ITEMS UNDER TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU COMPLETE YOUR ANSWERS OFF-LINE IN ADVANCE OF BEGINNING THE APPLICATION PROCESS, SO THAT YOU CAN INSERT THEM INTO THE ELECTRONIC FORM. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT SAVED.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Leading Change - Involves the ability to bring about strategic change, within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People - Involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organizations vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven - Involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen - Involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions - Involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Basic Education Requirement: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major study in engineering, physical science, mathematics, life sciences, computer science, or other field of science. Degrees in engineering technology are not considered to be qualifying for this position.
A financial disclosure statement is required upon appointment into the SES. This statement will be used to avoid conflicting situations in employment through advice and counseling.
This announcement is for a career appointment to a position in the NASA Senior Executive Service (SES).
Any applicant tentatively selected for this position may be required to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
This announcement is for a career appointment to a position in the NASA Senior Executive Service (SES). Persons entering the SES for the first time are subject to a one-year probationary period.
Your USAJOBS account asks you to assign a name to each of your resumes. When you apply to a NASA position, we will show you the text of the resume you have submitted, but we do not maintain the name you have assigned to that resume. If you wish to keep track of that information, we recommend you make note of it at the time you apply.
Fair Employment Opportunities for Applicants
NASA Credit for National Service
Relocation expenses may be paid consistent with NASA's policy.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be evaluated by an Executive Resources Panel based on the managerial and technical qualification requirements stated in this announcement. Eligible candidates will be placed in qualified and highly-qualified categories. Interviews, and qualification and suitability inquiries may be requested. The highly-qualified will be referred to the appropriate official who will recommend selection.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI