Deskside Specialist (IT)
7 days left
- Full Time
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Your Journey Begins With Us!
Join our Team!
Deskside Specialist (IT)
Grade and Salary Range
H17, $54,188 - $75,864
Term Employment FT, not-to-exceed-4 years and 5 months
LocationCrystal City, VA
Have you ever wondered who runs Reagan National Airport? Or Dulles International Airport? Or the Dulles Toll Road? We do! We’re the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and we’re looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us continue our tradition of outstanding service to travelers in the Washington Metropolitan area. In 2016 alone, we served more than 44 million air passengers. We offer an array of benefits programs, including vacation, retirement, and health benefits. Whether you are traveling the world or plotting your career path, your journey begins with us.
Our Core Values are: MUTUAL RESPECT…INTEGRITY…PRIDE…COLLABORATION
To review our benefits information please click here.
· Deskside Specialist
· This is a non-career, term position.
· Works under the general supervision of the Deskside Supervisor.
· Serves in the IT Service Delivery Division of the Program Support and Business Relations Department in the Office of Technology at either Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) or Washington Dulles International Airport (DCA), or at the Corporate Office Building (COB).
The Deskside Specialist responds to service requests from users to resolve desktop, laptop, print, telephone, and hardware problems; enterprise application problems/accessibility issues; desktop engineering initiatives; and/or other advanced queries.
To review the description of duties, please click here.
Please note: You should review this job description, in particular the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) requirements listed. Please reply to KSAs one (1) through (4) only. In the application process, you will be asked to relate your experience, training and education to the KSAs in a narrative format. The rest of the KSAs will be assessed during the application process.
We would suggest that you prepare your responses off line and paste them into the assessment questionnaire. If the required information is provided in your resume, please direct the reviewer to the specific section of the document where this information can be found.
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. A high school diploma, a Certificate of General Educational Development (GED), or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
Please note: A fully equivalent combination of education and training beyond what is needed to satisfy the education requirement may be used to substitute for up to two of the four years of experience. For example, an associate’s degree may substitute for two years of experience.
2. Four years of progressively responsible experience in IT deskside service delivery that includes:
a) Providing hands-on IT problem resolution including break/fix and asset refresh activities.
b) Working in a high volume customer service environment.
3. Must have a state driver’s license in good standing
4. Must have certification in A+ from CompTIA or the ability to obtain it within 180 days of hire, promotion, or placement in the job.
5. Must have certification in ITIL v3 Foundations from AXELOS or other accredited organization or the ability to obtain it within 180 days of hire, promotion, or placement in the job.
6. Must have certification as a Microsoft Office Specialist (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint) or the ability to obtain it within 180 days from the date of the Final Offer Letter.
1. Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or Management Information Systems (MIS).
2. Certification in A+.
3. Certification in ITIL v3 Foundations.
4. Certification as a Microsoft Office Specialist (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements. There is an Assessment questionnaire(s) that you must complete. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire(s). If a determination is made that your application does not support your responses, which you provided in the assessment questionnaire, your application will not receive further consideration for this announcement.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.