5 days left
- Full Time
Overview of Position: The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises the finance staff and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages and oversees the daily operations of the accounting department including payroll, accounts payable, billing and accounts receivable.
- Monitors and analyzes accounting data to produce financial reports or statements.
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting, general ledger structure and federal/state billing and reporting requirements.
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly and year end close.
- Ensures the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Ensures the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, payroll and billing.
- Prepares and reviews journal entries, reconcile general ledger accounts and billing.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the Chief Executive Officer and other program directors regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Works with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Supervises Staff Accountant and Payroll Administrator to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assists in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provides training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handles personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Works with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Supports Chief Financial Officer with special projects and workflow process improvements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High level of organizational and problem solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to direct and supervise.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Excellent writing, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible work time availability is required.
Required Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, crouch, stoop and/or kneel.
- Must meet eligibility for employment in the United States. (Provide appropriate I-9 documentation on first day of employment).
- Must have a clean criminal history record.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening.
This vacancy will close on October 27, 2017 at 11:59pm
To apply for this vacancy, please use the link below: