Manager Financial Planning & Analysis - International Baccalaureate
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
International Baccalaureate - Bethesda, Maryland
If you're looking to work for a global organization with a meaningful mission, and with colleagues all over the world, then the International Baccalaureate® (IB) may have the ideal opportunity for you!
The IB is a leading global not-for-profit educational organization that offers curriculum and assessment worldwide to children aged 3-19. Our education programs encourage students to be active learners, well-rounded individuals and engaged world citizens.
In addition, we offer comprehensive professional development to support schools and educators.
The IB offers you a unique opportunity to use your skills and attributes in a passionate, mission-focused environment. We’re seeking the best talent, who have not just the required expertise and technical skills but also the behavioral qualities needed to support a variety of stakeholders in the education sector.
In return, you’ll get to work in a learning organization committed to your growth and development, with internationally minded professionals. If you meet all the requirements for this position and you’re seeking just that kind of opportunity, please apply!
• To Provide business partners with Strategic Financial Leadership to assist in making Business decisions
• To provide the IB Global Consolidation FP&A with all financial leadership and support as necessary.
• To provide leadership to the Finance analyst ensuring all necessary support is given to other budget holders.
• To act as business adviser for the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) Members and their Divisional Heads to assist in developing and implementing strategies across the division.
• To adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace while depending on virtual staff in finance FP&A, controllership, treasury, tax, contracts and legal to carry out the responsibilities
• This is a ‘front’ office finance position, with emphasis on providing binding financial advice to support decision making support to the above SLT members and their Divisional Heads.
• Develop forward looking and activity based financial analysis to provide insight into the division’s business plans.
• Provide the business with Strategic Financial Leadership and partnering them to further understand and develop the business.
• Assist in financially constructing and evaluating IB’s budget and providing analytics to support management in making strategic decisions.
• Support IB’s finance front office initiatives, including financial analysis and operational decision making support processes in order to ensure consistency and sharing of best practices across global offices.
• Ensure financial reports are prepared on timely basis to different stakeholder groups with key business insights and leadership to the Budget holders • Provide leadership to the Finance Analyst ensuring support is provided to the business partners.
• Partner with Back Office finance team to ensure all relevant financial policies, procedures and controls are adhered to.
• Ensure all Income and Expense statements are reconciled and agreed with the Budget Holders.
• University and completed professional finance qualification essential
• 1 Year + in an international role preferred
• 5 Years + of relevant job experience
• Demonstrable potential to lead operational / commercial accounting function
• 2 substantial roles post qualification, showing upward progression
• Developed and enhanced planning and analysis procedures within a global environment, including reporting, budgeting, modelling, KPI’s, project accounting
• Experience using Oracle preferred but not a necessity
• Understand complex modelling
• Previous experience of Capital Investment Appraisals
• Highly analytical, with demonstrable knowledge and aptitude in applying advanced analytical tools
• Potential to lead decision making with external internal customers (Directors and Managers)
• Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills
• International mindset
• Potential to manage people
• Knowledge of the IB, IB Programmes or being an IB Alumni is a plus
To Apply, please click on the link below:
*The International Baccalaureate is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer*