To view a complete job description, go to www.novaparks.com. Please include Opportunity Announcement #17-10-23 when applying.
NOVA Parks has an immediate full-time opening for a NIGHT SECURITY/CUSTODIAN, at Bull Run Regional Park, Centreville, VA. Annual Starting Salary: $26,743.46
The NIGHT SECURITY/CUSTODIAN is responsible for night park security and routine custodial duties. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Park Manager with some latitude for independent judgment and action on routine matters. Annual performance goals will be set for the Night Security/Custodian.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (with illustrative examples of work)
Ensure park security:
- Patrol park on a regular schedule to ensure against unauthorized entry.
- Deal with authorized park users such as campers or cottage renters and assist as needed.
- Secure and lock all buildings and gates.
- Report breaches of security to park management staff or local police authorities as situation warrants.
- Prepare written reports of breaches of security and maintain daily log of activities.
Perform routine custodial duties:
- Sweep and/or mop floors; vacuum carpets; set up and/or break down tables and chairs.
- Help with preparation and cleanup of special events and/or rentals.
- Clean picnic shelters by sweeping floors, straightening tables and disposing of trash.
- Clean park comfort stations and/or shower houses.
- Stock supplies, and clean park vehicle.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (minimum)
Education: Graduation from high school.
Physical: Manual work with strength and dexterity necessary to perform all required tasks, including lifting, stooping, bending, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions in outdoor and indoor settings; will perform manual labor in all weather conditions; will lift items equal to or greater than 80 pounds; will use tools and operate equipment.
Experience: Six months of security work in park setting is preferred, or any equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Testing: This position is classified as a safety-sensitive position. Candidates for full-time, safety sensitive positions must submit to a pre-employment drug screening and achieve a negative result as a condition of employment.
Benefits: This position is a benefit eligible position. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement plan, and more.
Selection Process: Panel interview.
How to Apply: Please complete a full time application online or submit your complete and current resume to the NOVA Parks Human Resources Office. Please include the NOVA Parks Opportunity Announcement Number on your resume.
Resumes may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
NOVA Parks Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources
5400 Ox Road
Fairfax Station, VA 22039
Duties and responsibilities are designed to be the essential elements of the job. They do not preclude the performance of related, or even unrelated, jobs which may be necessary to properly and efficiently complete all work assignments. NOVA Parks reserves the right to amend job specifications to meet current needs. It is the policy of the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-352-5900 for assistance.