Managing Editor, Digital - American Hunter
Provides editorial and search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing (SEM) support essential to the content of AMERICAN HUNTER web properties in an accurate and punctual manner, ensuring that all work satisfies established quality standards and policies and meets production deadlines.
- Coordinates with Editor in Chief in the selection of editorial material for
AMERICAN HUNTER web properties.
2. Coordinates with the magazine’s print editors on strategies to ensure proper and timely posting of material to social media outlets.
3. Coordinates with Web Operations Department on the design and placement of editorial, photographic and video content.
4. Procures images for website use and ensures that proper usage rights are obtained.
5. Writes web copy, headlines and captions.
6. Proofreads and edits web properties during all stages of production.
7. Monitors and moderates visitor posts and contributions.
8. Responsible for day-to-day monitoring of search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine management (SEM) for AMERICAN HUNTER web properties.
9. Implements SEO-related features, including keywords, metadata, article descriptions and related tags.
10. Provides inbound and outbound marketing on social network sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media-related sites.
11. Researches and identifies one-way linking possibilities for web content.
12. Performs keyword research, and identifies areas for potential success and opportunity.
13. Develops and implements SEM strategies and reports on results weekly.
14. Ensures that web content is consistent with NRA policies.
15. Travels as assigned.
16. Extended hours required.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Coordinates daily with AMERICAN HUNTER staff; also coordinates with Web Operations staff, other departments within NRA Publications and other NRA divisions. Frequent contact with firearm industry, governmental and non-governmental organizations, agencies and groups.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
College degree in Journalism, English or Communications. Minimum three years experience in the production of a magazine or newspaper website. Knowledge of best practices as they relate to SEO/SEM. Knowledge of the shooting and hunting sports and the Second Amendment issue necessary. Must be an experienced and passionate hunter.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Excellent editorial skills mandatory. Ability to write clearly and concisely. Proven writing and editing skills, magazine website design and content. Attention to detail and organization mandatory. Diplomatic skills essential in dealing with editors, authors, advertisers and general public. Strong working knowledge of HTML and popular Content Management Software. Knowledge of social networking sites and the ability to develop Search Engine Marketing (SEM) strategies. Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Ability to implement current SEO/SEM practices as they relate to AMERICAN HUNTER web properties. Ability to work independently, without supervision and under pressure. Ability to meet strict guidelines, take direction and carry several projects through to completion simultaneously. Knowledge and experience with word processing software and electronic publishing necessary.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to email@example.com. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.