SOC Analyst I
PenFed is hiring a SOC Analyst I in our Chantilly Datacenter. The primary purpose of this job is to perform complex analysis and incident response for the PenFed Security Operations Center. Follow established procedure, and assist in modifying said procedures to protect PenFed data in internal and external systems used by the credit union. Act as the first line of defense for PenFed against all external attackers.
Essential FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
Independently direct regular operational tasks.
- Conduct daily incident response activities, including possible incidents during weekends and evenings. Tune signatures in Security Tools, SIEM Perform a variety of Security Operations Functions such as alert triage, phishing investigation, and end user communications as needed Create reports from various IT Security systems for the purpose of monitoring critical activities and providing security metrics to IT Security management. Participates in assessment of compliance with security regulations such as PCI, GLBA, FFIEC. Coordinate external assessment teams to complete audit and security assessments. Respond to requests for information in support of internal and external audits and examinations.
Education and ExperienceEquivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ of experience in IT is preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in security is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Broad knowledge of security concepts including common methods of attacking is preferred
- Experience in server or network administration is preferred.
- Experience with SIEM such as Splunk and/or ArcSight is preferred
- Experience administering or working with open source and security tools preferred
- Scripting or programming experience highly preferred.
- Malware analysis skills preferred.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
Work EnvironmentWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
TravelLimited travel to various worksites is required.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
PenFed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.