Chief Deputy Clerk for Administrative Services (Type II)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- The court will conduct an evaluation of each applicant's qualifications and materials after receipt of a complete application package.
- Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.Interviews may commence immediately.
- The court reserves the right to modify the conditions of this job announcement, to withdraw the job announcement, and/or to commence interviews immediately, any of which actions may occur without prior written or other notice.
- This is an "Excepted Appointment" and an "At Will" position.Federal Government Civil Service classifications or regulations do not apply.
- All appointments are subject to a full background check including an FBI Fingerprint Background Check, as well as periodic reinvestigation.
- If offered employment, such employment shall be provisional pending our receipt of the results of a mandatory Fingerprint and Background Investigation. Until the background investigation is satisfactorily completed, we may only hire you provisionally. The provisional nature of your hiring, however, will not affect your start date, salary, or other benefits.
Three (3) years progressively responsible administrative, professional, investigative, technical, or other responsible work which provided an opportunity to gain:
- General knowledge of management practices and administrative processes.
- Skill in dealing with others in person-to-person work relationships.
- The ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Three (3) years progressively responsible experience in administrative, supervisory, or professional work, which provided an opportunity to acquire a thorough knowledge of basic concepts, principles, policies, and theories of management. One year of the required specialized experience must be at, or equivalent to, the next lower grade in in federal service.
- Experience with court operations management.Knowledge of policies and procedures as set forth in the Guide to Judiciary Policies and Procedures. Knowledge of resources available from the AO and FJC to achieve the mission of the court.Understanding of court culture, and the complex organizational dynamic and uniqueness of the Federal Judiciary.
- Advanced ability to conceptualize complex management problems and solutions, and must be able to articulate them clearly, succinctly, and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Advanced ability to self-manage workload, to work efficiently and effectively, to take increasing responsibility for work product, to be self-motivated, to respond quickly to expedite matters, to meet deadlines, and to accommodate demands for increased productivity.
- The court requires employees to adhere to the Code of Ethics and Conduct for Judicial Employees.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university (preferably with a degree in public administration, business administration, social sciences, or a related field). Ten (10) years of specialized experience which demonstrates working knowledge, skill, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the Chief Deputy II may be substituted for the degree requirement.
10 holidays - 13-26 days annual leave (increases with service) - 13 days sick leave - Federal Employees Retirement System - Thrift Savings Plan - Commuter Benefit Program/Metro Transit Subsidy Program - Flexible Spending Accounts - Insurance available for health, dental, vision, life, and long-term care.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Please read the "What To Expect Next" section.Read more Security clearance Confidential