Sr. Manager, Development/Fundraising (965-679)
This is a non-supervisory position reporting to the Senior Director, Partnerships, Growth and Learning in the Global Public Health division. The Senior Manager will work to expand GPH’s impact by growing the funding portfolio through the identification and cultivation of new donors with a focus on foundations and corporations. S/He will play a key role in identifying programmatic opportunities globally, in partnership with Global Public Health staff, by supporting new engagements with appropriate stakeholders to advance GPH’s programs and mission.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop a funding strategy and annual work-plans for foundations/corporations to invest in quality assurance systems for medicines in lower and middle-income countries with a focus on growing USP’s existing presence in key countries in Africa, SE Asia and MENA – coordinate closely with Directors responsible for regions and technical director and other staff
- Serves as a key liaison between Global Public Health and the Communications team to ensure the development of presentations and targeted marketing materials on USP’s Global Public Health programs and impact for key stakeholders/funders, digital campaigns, web presence and events
- Advance relationships with key stakeholders and manages and/or represents USP’s Global Public Health portfolio at conferences and events globally
- Develop foundations/corporations donor briefs and other business strategy documents to support internal decision-making, including prioritization
- Coordinate closely with Senior Specialist for new business in tracking new and existing funding opportunities and stakeholders
- Manage proposal development process for private donors
- Build capacity of HQ and field staff to seek private funding
- Provides additional support to the Senior Director and Senior Vice President as required.
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree in a relevant discipline preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of previous fundraising experience, with at least 2-3 recent years in global public health
- Demonstrated experience developing a targeted strategy for targeted fundraising from potential private donors and managing the process from market intelligence to award
- Demonstrated success in securing multi-year, multi-million funding from private donors and sustaining long-term relationships
- Experience providing strategic direction to directors and managers in various groups and areas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to challenge the status quo
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and regulatory authorities preferred
- Effective at pulling in resources and collaborating across the organization (across reporting structures)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to present data visually required
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Experience developing marketing materials
- Strong time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Familiar with techniques of market research (i.e., focus groups, interviews, questionnaires, surveys, polls, Internet search) and good finance practices
- Ability to travel internationally when required
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular