Marketing and Communications Coordinator, Office of Residential Living - Division of Student Affair
Marketing and Communications Coordinator, Office of Residential Living - Division of Student Affairs
The Office of Residential Living is a member of the Division of Student Affairs. Responsible for providing programs and services to support students, the Division of Student Affairs encourages learning to take place in all parts of students' lives and is centered in their academic experiences.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator develops marketing plans that assess, identify and develop recruitment and retention strategies to meet academic and summer housing occupancy and revenue goals. Reporting directly to the Executive Director for Residential Services, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator's substantive duties include but are not limited to:
- Develops a marketing plan to retain and recruit undergraduate students to on- campus housing in order to meet or exceed 96% occupancy during the academic year.
- Develops a comprehensive marketing plan to recruit new groups to campus for summer conference housing in order to achieve budget goals and increase revenue
- Works with department committees to assist with marketing tools for RA and student staff selection, Living Learning Committees, housing selection, and professional staff recruitment.
- Creates a presence for our summer housing business through Unique Venues.
- Works with departmental committees to develop a marketing plan for departmental initiatives and processes.
- Creates resources for students related to move-in, move-out, policies, and any additional resources requested.
- Creates promotional materials for new students and conference guests.
- Creates and maintains a department brand and look to all materials and a visual presence by the use of photos and videos.
- Creates recruitment tools for student and professional staff recruitment.
- Creates marketing materials for departmental initiatives and processes.
- Develops creative identities and advertising materials for educational initiatives.
- Serves as the departmental photographer and videographer during major events and programs; edit photos and create videos.
- Collects and compiles department assessment data and departmental information for the Student Affairs Annual Report.
- Assists committees and other units within Residential Living to develop assessment plans for programs and processes.
- Host focus groups with current students to develop ideas for future practices and initiatives.
- Develops best practices for department assessment and benchmarks relevant peer groups.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in communication, marketing, or graphic design
- Up to 2 years of experience working in designing publications, managing marketing campaigns, and/or experience managing social media
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar products
- Skilled in Excel, Word, and graphic design
- Highly creative individual with excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Experience in student housing or residence life
- Experience with photography and video
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.