Business Development/Oncology Practice Engagement Manager (Remote)
Do you want to use your relationship building and communications skills to indirectly help conquer cancer and make a difference in the world?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer though research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-focused work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is a remote and field-based position that offers an excellent benefits package and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn more about ASCO, please visit www.asco.org/jobs.
Who we are looking for:
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated mid-level Business Development/Oncology Practice Engagement Manager to join the growing Clinical Affairs Department. The selected candidate will have a key role and drive sales for ASCO programs and services including creating relationships with key staff members (generally administrators/managers) at ASCO member practices; educating and soliciting involvement in key ASCO programs and resources; and serving as an ASCO contact point and resource for practices.
What you will do:
- Develop new accounts for ASCO programs and services with an assigned geographic territory
- Call on new and existing customers to provide program information on ASCO’s programs and services that support oncology practices and organizations
- Build relationships with practice administrators, physicians, and the practice cancer care team
- Analyzes practices’ needs and interests
- Represent the society in a highly professional and ethical manner with current and prospective customers, and foster the society’s reputation and image
- Provide a high level of expertise on ASCO programs, services, and customer service to all accounts
- Tracks sales activity and provide data metrics reports on sales activities
What you will need in order to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a health-related field
- 7+ years of experience in pharmaceutical and/or biotech industries with a focus on sales; having oncology sales experience is a plus
- Demonstrated performance meeting results and goals in field sales
- Understanding of healthcare trends – particularly in oncology - and impact on business
- Experience in contract negotiations and the ability to formulate an effective and appropriate business plan
- Availability for overnight travel 30+ days per year
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including active listening and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; general understanding of CRM tools (preferable Salesforce); and an openness to embracing new technology
- Able to effectively manage own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals and deliver results
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Apply for Business Development/Oncology Practice Engagement Manager (Remote)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly