Government Affairs Representative III
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Your Journey Begins With Us!
Join our Team!
Government Affairs Representative III
Grade and Salary Range
S20, $76,579 - $111,039
Crystal City, VA
Have you ever wondered who runs Reagan National Airport? Or Dulles International Airport? Or the Dulles Toll Road? We do! We’re the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and we’re looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us continue our tradition of outstanding service to travelers in the Washington Metropolitan area. In 2016 alone, we served more than 44 million air passengers. We offer an array of benefits programs, including vacation, retirement, and health benefits. Whether you are traveling the world or plotting your career path, your journey begins with us.
Our Core Values are: MUTUAL RESPECT…INTEGRITY…PRIDE…COLLABORATION
To review our benefits information please click here.
• Government Affairs Representative III
• This is the full performance level job in the Government Affairs Representative series.
• Works under the general supervision of the Vice President for Communications and Government Affairs.
• Serves in the Office of Communications and Government Affairs at the Corporate Office Building.
Performs the full range of governmental affairs activities. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with government agencies and offices and non-governmental support organizations that have direct impact on the Airports Authority. Performs related functions.
To review the description of duties, please click here.
Please note: You should review this job description, in particular the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) requirements listed. Please reply to KSAs one (1) through (5) only. In the application process, you will be asked to relate your experience, training and education to the KSAs in a narrative format. The rest of the KSAs will be assessed during the application process.
We would suggest that you prepare your responses off line and paste them into the assessment questionnaire. If the required information is provided in your resume, please direct the reviewer to the specific section of the document where this information can be found.
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in any field or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training that totals four years.
2. Five years of progressively responsible experience in government/government affairs to include:
a) identifying, developing, recommending and implementing strategies to represent an organization's interests; and
b) maintaining liaisons with legislators and executive branch departments/agencies to represent the organization's key interests.
3. Must have a valid state driver’s license in good standing
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Government, Government Relations, Public Affairs, Public Relations, or Communications.
2. Extensive experience in researching and monitoring legislative proposals, regulations or other issues/actions of federal government bodies.
3. Extensive experience in researching issues and helping to prepare official responses to inquiries from Congress and various federal agencies.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements. There is an Assessment questionnaire(s) that you must complete. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire(s). If a determination is made that your application does not support your responses, which you provided in the assessment questionnaire, your application will not receive further consideration for this announcement.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.