Convention Services Houseman
- Completes the set up of tables, chairs and other banquet equipment in accordance with customer contracts.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must be reliable and flexible with scheduling.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to operate cleaning equipment machines.
- Must have a professional presence.
Major / General Function:
- Become familiar with all policies and procedures for the convention service department.
- Set-up and complete final breakdown of function meeting rooms.
- Returning all equipment to the proper location.
- Become familiar with all meeting and event function room set up configurations.
- Learn all table sizes and linen to be used on each table.
- Transport dirty linen to the correct area to be cleaned.
- Assist as needed in the maintaining the physical clean up or breakdown and sanitation of all banquet areas.
- Ensure equipment is maintained and properly. Report any broken or damaged equipment to the supervisor.
- Ensure event signage is accurate for the appropriate time of day.
- Complete knowledge of specific signage locations around the building.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled by the department manager.
- Assist with guest packages and utilization of the package log located in the cage on B-1.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within his or her capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
- Assist wait staff and other departments as needed to ensure optimum service to guest.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Anticipate and address guests’ service needs, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Maintain a professional demeanor while dealing with challenging situation or a difficult request.
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects around the building.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping.
- Able to stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift.
- Heavy lifting is required.
- Complete all tasks as assigned by the shift supervisor or manager.
- Ability to work in a fast passed environment.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to work flexible hours with open availability
Apply for Convention Services Houseman
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly