Research or Assistant Research Analyst
Primary Job Function: Provide support to D3 research staff by preparing questionnaires, monitoring the survey process, analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, and writing reports for internal and external consumption.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop project schedules and manage timelines.
- Develop project design to make sure methodology is appropriate for various world cultures and regions.
- Develop appropriate instruments for measuring research questions using sound questionnaire design.
- Develop interview guides and manage/coordinate interviewer training with vendors.
- Manage questionnaire translation and review.
- Create and evaluate Sample Plans.
- Monitor fieldwork and data processing.
- Create and edit SPSS syntax files as needed, such as label syntax, merge label syntax, banner syntax, merge banner syntax.
- Evaluate incoming data and prepare final, clean SPSS data files for analysis and delivery to clients.
- Merge SPSS data files. This may include merging single-country and/or multi-country synchronic or time-series surveys.
- Prepare full Methods Reports with assistance from Research Manager and/or Statisticians.
- Prepare other client deliverables such as Executive Summary Reports, Data Tables, and Analytical Reports.
- Prepare Quality Control Reports.
- Prepare weekly status reports.
- Conduct background research on projects & countries.
- Utilize internal CAPI software for survey administration and data management.
- Assist other research staff as needed.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements: (Minimum requirements for the position.)
- 1-5 years of related work experience.
- Experience with SPSS.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Able to communicate ideas and information effectively and professionally.
- Attentive to detail, organized and able to multi-task.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Foreign language skills in Arabic, Farsi, Pashto, or French (desirable, not required).
Education and Training Requirements: (Minimum requirements for the position.)
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s preferred) in Political Science, International Studies, Economics, Sociology or related field in which analysis, research, deductive reasoning and writing, and intellectual rigor are taught.
- Background in Survey Research required.
- Potential travel to high-risk locations such as Afghanistan, Haiti, and countries in Africa.
- Ability to pass a US Government background investigation.
- General office tasks including using a computer in an indoor office setting.
Equal Employment Opportunity: D3 has a corporate commitment to equal employment opportunity. In that spirit, we welcome applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, gender, age, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, US veteran status, or any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law.