Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation Expenses may be paid if the selecting official determines the relocation is in the best interest of the government
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- A Secret Security Clearance is Required.
- You may claim Military Spouse Preference. Documentation to support Military Spouse Preference needs to be submitted at time of application.
- Applicants claiming veteran's preference must clearly show an entitlement to such preference on the resume/supplemental data submitted.
1. Knowledge of and experience in Federal Civilian Employment and Discrimination Law and Practice.
2. Skill in Litigation and Representation of Agencies before Administrative Judges, Investigators, Arbitrators, or other Advocacy-Based forums.
3. Knowledge of Government and Military Administrative and Civil Law.
4. Knowledge of Government Ethics laws and Training Programs.
5. Ability to communicate orally.
6. Ability to communicate in writing.
NOTICE OF VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: There is no formal rating system for applying veteran's preference to attorney appointments in the excepted service; however, the Department of the Army considers veteran's preference eligibility a positive factor for attorney hiring. Applicants eligible for veteran's preference must include that information in their cover letter or resume and attach supporting documents (e.g., DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active duty) to their submissions. Although the point-preference system is not used, applicants eligible to claim a 10-point preference must submit a Standard Form (SF) 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference, and supporting documentation required for the specific type of preference claimed. (SF 15, which lists the types of 10-point preference and the required supporting documents, is available from the Office of Personnel Management Website at http://www.opm.gov/).
TIME IN GRADE REQUIREMENTS: If currently employed as an attorney by the Federal Government must have completed 1 year at the next lower level within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement, or previously served at the same or higher grade as the position being filled.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The following minimum qualification requirements must be met before applicants are eligible for further consideration.
Education: An applicant must have successfully completed a full course of study in a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and have the first professional law degree (LLB or JD).
Bar membership: Applicant must currently be a member in good standing of the bar of a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Experience: Applicant must have two years of professional legal experience, acquired after being admitted to the bar, commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the position. Graduation from an ABA-Accredited Law School in the top 25% of the class or an advanced law degree such as an LLM may substitute for one year of the required professional legal experience.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume and supporting documents) will be evaluated for basic qualification requirements and for the skills needed to perform the duties of the position, as described in the vacancy announcement and identified by the Selecting Official.