Supervisory IT Specialist
6 days left
- Full Time
Who May Apply: Open to all United States Citizens.
This position is in Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Operations (OO), Office of information Management and Technology (OIMT), Office of The Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Division of Infrastructure Operations (DIO)
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-OO-18-MP-2016827MC under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.Learn more about this agency
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. Pre-employment physical required: No
5. Drug testing required: No
6. License required: No
7. Mobility agreement required: No
8. Moving expenses authorized: No
9. Immunization required: No
10.Relocation Incentive authorized: No
11. Recruitment Incentive authorized: No
12. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
13. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
14. Bargaining Unit Position: No
15. Financial disclosure statement required: Yes
In order to qualify for Supervisory IT Specialist, GS-2210-14, you must meet the following:
Basic Requirements: Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the following four competencies; (1) Attention to Detail - being thorough when planning, developing, and carrying out vital tasks in managing IT projects and other IT business functions; (2) Customer Service - assisting others in the resolution of issues affecting hardware, IT systems applications, or business applications; (3) Oral Communication - expressing highly technical information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; (4) Problem Solving - conducting extensive investigation and analysis to determine the nature and scope of problems and devise solutions. Note: your resume must demonstrate you have all 4 competencies to qualify for this position.
Specialized Experience Requirements: In addition to meeting the basic requirement stated above, applicants must also possess one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Examples include: planning, managing, directing, coordinating, facilitating, developing, and using state-of-the-art information technology to support and manage center and office objectives. Leads or supervises the planning, organizing, and implementation of various IT projects, as well as identifying the need for advanced Agency and/or Office-wide information systems and/or associated IT policies.
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
If you are claiming education as any part of your qualifications for this position, you must submit an official transcript, unofficial transcript, or a list including courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education.
If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-points veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4 copy) or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. For more information on veterans preference see http://www.usajobs.gov/Veterans.
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov).For information on "People with Disabilities" please visit http://opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp
Career Transition Program: This program applies to Federal workers whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed, or an employee who has been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service. To receive selection priority for this position, you must be rated well-qualified. Well-qualified means eligible applicants whose knowledge, skills, and abilities clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements of the position. For information on how to apply and what documents to submit as an ICTAP eligible, see: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.aspRead more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job.
If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, you may be deemed ineligible or your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Basis of Rating: Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of the following quality categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. IT Technical Competency
2. IT Project/Program Management
3. Leadership/Supervisory Skills
4. Oral/Written Communication