Office of Assistant Administrator for Policy, International Aviation and Environment; Office of Environment and Energy; CLEEN Division, (AEE-4).Learn more about this agency
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
We are not accepting applications from noncitizens.
BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Professional engineering degree. To be acceptable, the curriculum must: (1) be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
Combination of education and experience -- college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering.
For the complete Individual Occupational Requirements (IOR) for professional engineering positions and the Group Qualification Standard for Professional & Scientific Positions visit http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=0800-ndx
IN ADDITION TO MEETING THE BASIC REQUIREMENT, ALL APPLICANTS MUST ALSO DEMONSTRATE POSSESSION OF SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE.
Applicants must demonstrate at least one year (52 weeks) of SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE equivalent to the next lower grade/pay band (FG/GS-12/FV-H) in the Federal Government. Specialized experience is defined as that which has equipped the applicant with particular knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform the duties of the position, and is typically in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE is defined as:
- Experience in managing technical projects related to aircraft technologies, or alternative jet fuels, and effectively communicating outcomes.
QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the following has been determined to be a selective factor for this position. This means possession of this criterion is part of the minimum qualifications and is essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Applicants who do not possess this criterion are ineligible for further consideration.
- Knowledge of scientific principles of aircraft technologies or alternative jet fuel concepts.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that your work experience supports your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA), and Other Factors answers. Your answers and associated work experience will be evaluated further to validate whether the answers that you selected are appropriate.
This position has a positive education requirement (see Qualifications Required).
Applicants who are not currently in the 801 occupational series (General Engineer) in the Federal Government, and fail to provide a copy of an unofficial or official transcript will not receive further consideration for this vacancy. Upon selection, you will be required to submit an official transcript. If you do not have an official transcript (original, with the raised seal), you should contact your school immediately to request it.
College Transcripts: Applicants MUST provide a copy(ies) of their unofficial or official transcripts(s). If selected, you will be required to submit an official transcript. Schools must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Accreditation may be verified at the following website: www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign Education: Education completed in foreign colleges/universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence at the time of application. For additional information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Travel may be required.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
1. As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of the Knowledge, Skills and Ability (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all announcements. Therefore, as an applicant for this announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA.
In lieu of providing a KSA narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA section, in your work history, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you chose for each KSA. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your KSA answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate based on the work history and experience you provided. Your answers may be adjusted by a human resource specialist as appropriate.
2. This position is covered by the FAA Core Compensation plan. Additional information about core compensation is available on the following website: http://jobs.faa.gov/FAACoreCompensation.htm.
3. This Level 1 (Low Risk) position requires favorable adjudication of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) background investigation prior to appointment, unless a waiver is obtained.
4. AFSCME Interview Criteria: Article 42, Section 13 states: If the selecting official decides to interview any employee on the selection list for a vacancy, then all who remain under consideration for the position at that point in the process must be interviewed. If the selection list is shortened to a best qualified list through a comparative process, then the best qualified list shall be considered to be the selection list. If it is determined that interviews are required and telephone interviews are not utilized, travel expenses incidental to these interviews will be paid in accordance with the Agency's travel regulations and this Agreement.
5. This position is being advertised under Vacancy Announcement #AWA-AEE-17-0020CH-54197. Please review each announcement to determine your eligibility to apply.
6. Selecting official may interview some, none or all of those referred
7. Leave Enhancement: FAA organizations may offer enhanced annual leave accrual to certain newly-appointed or reappointed employees. To receive consideration, applicants' prior non-Federal service or active duty uniformed service must directly relate to the duties of the position to which appointed. Granting enhanced annual leave accrual is at the sole discretion of the hiring organization, is neither an entitlement nor a guarantee.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.
To preview the application questionnaire, click the following link: View Application Questionnaire