Manager, Program Management
An Equal Opportunity Employer
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 16770.Enterprise Program Management Office
Travel %: Less than 20%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 7 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: Yes
At this transformative moment, as we work toward the launch of our next generation of satellites beginning in 2015, we are looking to attract the next generation of bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
This key role manages staff, day-to-day work, and work assignments for a group of Project and Program Managers. The work encompasses managing work assignments, budget, and schedule while ensuring technical and quality requirements are met. The position manages the development and coaching of staff, and is responsible for actively assisting programs and projects that are not performing well or meeting set objectives. Provide status on overall portfolio of initiatives to stakeholders.
Collaborate with departments across Intelsat to prioritize, organize and manage large multi-disciplinary projects, which will include external and internal customers' projects. Ensure the group drives on time delivery to customers and manages all phases of infrastructure programs, including budget, staffing, and interfacing with contractors, vendors, and customers.
You must have the following to be considered for the role:
- A Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 7 years of experience with Program Management responsibility related to the deployment of large, complex communications systems.Strong people management and staff development skills, including past roles managing experienced mid-level resources.
- Experience managing project, programs, and PM staff in the commercial satellite communications industry.
- Demonstrable experience in managing schedules, budgets, staff resources and customer expectations. Significant experience in analysis, planning, deployment, and maintenance of large-scale infrastructure projects.
- Critical analytic skills and group problem solving abilities that enable the incumbent to decompose project requirements, designs, and construction details so as to anticipate and codify these factors in an actionable plan, as well as to enumerate the risks of non-performance and to incorporate prevention and remediation measures within the plan.
- Well-tuned verbal and written communication skills to distill the essence of a complex situation and facilitate or otherwise obtain decisions that keep the project moving forward.
- Extensive experience managing mid-sized dynamic projects with resources who are not entirely dedicated to the project.
- Exposure to a wide variety of methodologies, project types, and technologies.
- Fluency with MS Office tools including MS Project.
Considered a Plus:
Certified Project Management expertise valuable
- Hires, trains, coaches, and develops staff to effectively manage and control projects and programs and support key systems
- Manages workload for staff and ensures capacity exists to take on new projects before commitments are made.
- Oversees the portfolio of projects and programs to ensure all operate within the scope, budget, and timelines boundaries set forth at the beginning of the efforts
- Communicates status and issues to stakeholders for action
- Intervenes where projects and programs are underperforming to understand the issues and address them, as well as to provide direction to the team and insight to management.
- Acts as focal point for Program Management support requests from other departments, and establish clear criteria how/when Program Managers engage. Collaborate and communicate with all departments across the company.
- Rolls out new services. Support commercial team product/service definition; manage implementation of new infrastructure, systems, and operational procedures.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.