Deputy General Counsel
This position is located in the Legal Division, Supervision and Legislation Branch of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
Salary reflects a pay cap for this position of $269,600.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation provided.
High Risk Position - Background Investigation (BI) required.In order to qualify, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/CG-15 level in Federal Service. Specialized experience as an attorney includes possession of significant public and/or private legal experience related to initiatives and programs on legislation and regulations, deposit insurance and assessments, consumer/compliance, and administrative enforcement, as well as managerial experience overseeing development and implementation of such initiatives and programs.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a supervisory/managerial probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume will be reviewed, including the online assessment questionnaire, to assess your ability to perform this job. Qualified applicants will be evaluated by a Subject Matter Expert and placed into Category A, B or C. Top ranked candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further review and consideration. Candidates who are eligible for veterans' preference will receive consideration.
If you rated yourself higher than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure your ability in the following competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs):
- Ability to effectively supervise and oversee all matters of law pertaining to the FDIC's regulatory and supervisory responsibilities in the banking sector.
- Skill in drafting legislation, responding to Congressional inquiries, and interacting with Congress.
- Knowledge of the legal aspects of Federal and State open bank regulation and supervision, including considerable practical experience and training in this field.
- Knowledge of the supervisory and regulatory functions in the banking sector, including the application functions, merger matters, administrative enforcement procedures, deposit insurance and assessments, legislative, consumer protection and compliance, and operations of foreign banks.
- Skill in communication and interpersonal skills in order to deal effectively with officials and employees of the FDIC and other Federal and State agencies, members of Congress and their staffs, the press and the general public.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation