Recreation Assistant (Facilities Operator) NF-02
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at : Outdoor Recreation, Fort Meade, Maryland.
The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
Outdoor Recreation is the home of sales and reservations for RV Park, Burbba Park, Burbba Cottage, Check it out, RV Storage and Vehicle resale.
This position will work assisting the Outdoor Recreation supervisors. May be required to work in various facilities, opens and/or closes facilities, issues/receives recreational equipment to authorized users, accounts for monies collected, checks, prepares and cleans recreation equipment for customers, Informs supervisors of any damaged or unusable equipment.
Work Schedule: Applicants must be able to work days, evenings, weekends & holidays as required.
**THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN UNTIL ALL VACANCIES ARE FILLED. IT MAY BE EXTENDED OR CLOSED PRIOR TO THE CURRENT CLOSING DATE. APPLICANTS WILL BE REFERRED TO THE SELECTING OFFICIAL AS VACANCIES OCCUR.**
*** NOTE: The announcement close date has been extended FROM 10 October 2017 TO 31 October 2017 to accept additional applications***.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form or copy and paste this URL into your web browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DR_a/pdf/A3433_Final.pdf).
2. Must be able to work days, evenings, weekends & holidays as required.
3. Possess and have the ability to maintain a valid driver's license.
4. Physical requirement: must be able to lift up to 25lbs without assistance.
5. Successful completion of a health assessment is required.
1. Posses at least 6 months cashier work experience.
2. Posses at least 6 months customer service work experience.
3. Posses at least 6 months administrative work experience which includes filing, returning customer phone calls, making reservations, knowledge of computer and organizing files.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date. Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs (click here to view kit or copy this URL: www.armycivilianservice.com/JOA/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf )
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)