SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win?in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Applications will be accepted from United States citizens (U.S. citizenship required at time of application).
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
For information on veteran's preference click here
Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Click here for specific program requirements. To request MSP hiring preference, you must submit the following documents:
- Application or resume;
- Statement requesting MSP; and
- Copy of military sponsor's PCS orders
Occasional travel - Work may occasionally require travel away from the duty station
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Occasional overtime, either evenings or weekends, may be required predicated by workload demands.
2. May travel by limitary or commercial air to conferences, meetings, and other functions away from the duty site.
3. Full time telework is authorized.
4. Administrative (Exemption) position primary duty is the performance of office work directly related to the management or general business operations of the agency or the employer's customers and whose primary duty includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance (5 CFR 551.206).
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-13) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include experience in development and maintenance of directive federal policy at Headquarters Air Force or Major Command Headquarters level in one or more Department of Defense operational or functional disciplines.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. A comprehensive knowledge of Headquarters Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense and Air Force strategy, program goals and objectives.
2. A comprehensive knowledge of the relationship of the various Air Force, OSD, and other government entities involved in overall planning and execution of policy development and the way the Department's policy process supports, impacts, guides and changes Air Force activities.
3. A high degree of skill in designing and conducting policy implementation plans, policy portfolio management, negotiation and arbitration, comprehensive studies, qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to measure return on investment, .policy guidance narratives, policy issue papers, and programmatic factors to produce fully justified options that can be presented to the senior levels of Air Force and DoD on policy impact.
4. A high degree of self-initiative and ability to gather, assemble, analyze facts, draw conclusions, conduct analysis, devise recommended solutions, and package the entire process in briefings, papers, or reports suitable for senior leadership/upper management use and decision-making.
5. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, negotiate complex issues, using tact and diplomacy and maintain good working relations with Headquarters Air Force, Air Force Corporate Structure, Air Force Reserve Command, Air National Guard Bureau and numerous other agencies.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Incentives: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
BASIS OF RATING:
Your application will be rated under the Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which the quality, depth, and complexity of your experience and education relate to the qualifications requirement. Additional points are not added for Veteran's Preference; however, Veteran Preference is still applied.
Category 3, Best Qualified: Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements.
Category 2, Highly Qualified: Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements.
Category 1, Qualified: Candidates in this category meet the minimum education and/or experience requirements.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire. The numeric rating you received is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more Security clearance Secret