Supervisory International Broadcaster (Tibetan)
This position is located in the East Asia and Pacific Division's, Tibetan Service at the Voice of America in Washington DC. The incumbent serves as the Tibetan Service Chief and has overall editorial and managerial responsibility for news and programming targeted to VOA's Tibetan speaking audiences.
THIS POSITION IS NOT COVERED BY A UNION AGREEMENT
Note: Budgetary conditions may delay or otherwise affect filling this vacancy. However, all interested candidates should apply now.
The Broadcasting Board of Governors is conveniently located within walking distance to the Green, Orange, Silver, Yellow, and Blue Metro lines.
INTRODUCTION TO AGENCY
The Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), an independent federal agency, is an exciting, multi-cultural organization that encompasses all United States civilian international broadcasting. The BBG is comprised of five networks broadcasting in 61 languages that include the Voice of America, the Office of Cuba Broadcasting (Radio and TV Marti), and three grantee organizations - Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty; the Middle East Broadcasting Networks (Alhurra TV and Radio Sawa), and Radio Free Asia. The International Broadcasting Bureau provides transmission, administrative, and other support services; and three grantee organizations. Our staff of dedicated professionals serve as an example of a free and independent media, reaching a worldwide audience of 215 million people with news, information, and relevant discussions.
This vacancy is being advertise under the Delegated Examining procedures and is open to all U.S. citizens. This vacancy is being concurrently advertised under Excepted Service procedures for all non-U.S. citizens.
Note: Your application to this U.S. Citizen vacancy announcement will only allow consideration for this announcement. We cannot electronically or manually move your application to the concurrently advertised NC-10060375-18-JB announcement. Please ensure you are applying under the correct announcement.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Suitability Determination: If selected, you will be subject to a security investigation to establish your suitability for federal employment. The security investigation will include, among other aspects, a review of your credit and legal history.
This position may require working nights, weekends, and holidays.
This position has been designated supervisory requiring that the selectee on an initial appointment as a supervisor or manager serve a one-year probationary period.
If selected for this vacancy, you will be required to file the OGE Form 450 (Confidential Financial Disclosure Report).
Specialized Experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Examples of such experience includes mastery of and in-depth knowledge of radio, television and/or Internet broadcast journalistic writing and editing. Experience planning strategically to achieve goals and objectives for a news organization. Experience must also show demonstrated supervisory skills in the ability to motivate, direct, develop and evaluate a large staff to achieve the maximum productivity and creativity. Experience must also show efficient utilization of financial resources, managing a budget. Experience must include expert knowledge of Tibet.
Applicant cannot substitute education for experience.
1. If you are an eligible Inter agency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant, you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position. ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456.
2. If you are still on active duty, you may submit a statement of service from your Personnel Command which states the date you entered active duty, the date you are separating, and the campaign medals you have received.
3. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
4. If selected, you will be subject to a security investigation to establish your suitability for federal employment. The security investigation will include, among other aspects, a review of your credit and legal history.
5. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Additional selections may be made if additional/identical vacancies occur within 90 days of certificate issuance.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once your resume or application is submitted, a review of your qualification will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements and competencies required for this position.
- Language Profiency-TA
- Target Area
Possession of competencies may be addressed in a cover letter and/or resume. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your qualifications. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Read more Security clearance Q - Sensitive