Welcome to the Family and Morale, Welfare & Recreation Activities at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. We proudly serve Military Members, Retirees, DOD Civilians and Family members in the surrounding area. https://belvoir.armymwr.com/
Our military mission is global. As a strategic sustaining base for America's Army the work we do is vital to the success of the goals and objectives of the nation's defense strategy. A list of the organizations who call Fort Belvoir home reads like a "Who's Who" of the Department of Defense. No other Army installation in the world can compare to Fort Belvoir and its singular mission to provide logistical, intelligence and administrative support to such a diverse mix of commands, activities and agencies. Fort Belvoir has changed in many ways over the past several years, but some things will always remain the same. As dedicated stewards of the environment, we will continue to work always to conserve the natural beauty of the land around us, and to preserve our standing as one of America's enduring installations. Belvoir will always mean "Beautiful To See."
Applicants must have the manual skill to lift and move moderately heavy objects weighing up to 40 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds. Selected applicant must be able to pass a medical physical examination! Applicant must also have the skill and knowledge to safely operate simple power equipment and hand tools (lawn mowers, leaf blowers, edges and trimmers, scrubbers and buffers, steam cleaners and vacuums). A basic knowledge is required of routine maintenance procedures for power equipment is required.
This position is located at the Fort Belvoir Golf Course. Hours may include nights, weekends, holidays and all shifts.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Conditions of Employment:
Selected applicant must be able to pass a medical physical examination!
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form or copy and paste this URL into your web browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DR_a/pdf/A3433_Final.pdf).
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs (click here to view kit or copy this URL: www.armycivilianservice.com/JOA/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf )
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)