Service Area Manager
The announcement for this position may be used to fill Park Recreation Specialist IV positions at other NCS Regional Services and Center Operations locations.
This position is located at the Bailey's Community Center in Region 2 of Fairfax County. Provides leadership and exercises considerable decision-making for outcome-based recreation programs, services, and daily operations at a large multifunctional, multi-aged, and diverse community center. The center programs may include the following: educational and lifelong programs, technology programs, health and wellness programs, fitness classes, community service projects, prevention programs, volunteers programs, community outings, and special events. Ensures planning and implementation of a comprehensive monthly and quarterly schedule of activities, special events, and initiatives. Engages community in implementing county-wide projects and activities focused on obtaining specific outcomes for all populations and reducing at-risk behavior. Develops and implements a community outreach plan that targets underserved populations and identified gaps in services, to increase overall service delivery. Working with the Regional Community Developer, develops and maintains relationships with stakeholder groups including civic groups, schools, government agencies, public safety, elected officials, non-profits, faith-based organizations, and community and business partners, to provide programs and services. Engages community leadership to develop responses to changing needs in the surrounding community. Responsible for fiscal, safety, facility, vehicle, and other physical resource management. Monitors administrative tasks including registrations, time, procurement logs, and facility rentals. Manages the hiring, training, development, coaching, and evaluation of the Park/Recreation Specialist III staff, ensures the completion of daily work tasks and projects, and ensures policies and procedures are being followed. Works under the general direction of the Operations Manager.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the following: graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in recreation and park management, therapeutic recreation, business administration/management, public administration, or a closely related field; plus four years of progressively responsible experience in park management or multi-faceted recreation center management providing a variety of recreation programs in the area of assignment; two years of the required experience must have included supervisory duties.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle driver's license;
- First Aid certification within 90 days of appointment;
- CPR certification within 90 days of appointment;
- AED certification within 90 days of appointment;
- Food Handler Certification within 90 days of appointment.
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background investigation, a check of the Child Protective Services Registry, and a driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.
- Bilingual ability.
- Master's degree in recreation, gerontology or related field.
- Certification by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist or eligibility for certification within one year.
- At least two years of experience with the following: community-based recreation programming; community center operations and prevention oriented programs for all ages; community-based recreation programming for individuals with disabilities; supervising recreation employees; conducting outreach and programming to diverse cultures; outcome-based recreation programming; working with self-directed teams; managing multiple programs and projects; coordinating volunteer programs and services; and developing partnerships, sponsorships or collaborative programs and services with public and private agencies.
Job may require running, jumping , etc., to demonstrate recreation activities. Work is general sedentary but may require extended periods of standing. Work performed in a Center environment and in various community-based settings. Must communicate with others. Employee may be required to lift up to 15 pounds and drive a vehicle. Duties can be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview; may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.