Water Mine Park Manager (Park/Recreation Specialist II)
This position is located at the Water Mine Family Swimmin' Hole at Lake Fairfax Park within the Fairfax County Park Authority. Supervises and administers the operations and programming of an outdoor water park facility and provides safety and risk management oversight. Insures facility compliance with federal, state, county and risk management regulations. Responsible for increasing site revenue and also enhances operations through additional community outreach efforts. Plans/schedules all usage for the water park. Recruits, interviews, hires, trains and supervises aquatic full-time and part-time staff and volunteers. Participates as a working manager, with the ability to work varying shifts to provide facility coverage as well as operational support. Under the general supervision of the Assistant Aquatic Manager and the Aquatic Section Manager.Employment Standards MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in recreation and park management, therapeutic recreation, or other closely related field; plus two years of progressively responsible experience in park or recreation services related work, as applicable to the position.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- Motor vehicle operator's license;
- Pool Operator's License (within 90 days of appointment);
- Water Safety Instructor Certification (within 90 days of appointment);
- First Aid certification (within 90 days of appointment);
- CPR certification (within 90 days of appointment);
- National Pool and Water Park Lifeguard Training Program Certificate (within 90 days of appointment).
Appointee will be required to complete a criminal background investigation, a driving record check and a pre-employment physical to the satisfaction of the employer. Appointee will be required to work varying shifts and occasional overtime.
Preferred candidates will have experience with the following:
- Managing an aquatic facility to include financial management, administrative task, front line cash handling staff;
- Operating filtration and chemical systems;
- Training and supervising lifeguards for events, and recreational swimming activities;
- Coordinating large group and camp reservations;
- Hiring, training and supervising seasonal and full time aquatic staff;
- Working as a manager on duty for the entire water park;
- Proficient in using a computer to include Microsoft Office software, Parknet or similar program, FOCUS or similar staff time and attendance software, Tririga or similar maintenance tracking software;
- Knowledge of and ability to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations and standards for operating an aquatic facility and programs;
- Planning long-term maintenance and renovations.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service;
- Strong communication skills.
Dexterity to operate personal computer. Ability to operate a motor vehicle and walk on varied terrain, climb ladders, stoop, etc. Light lifting to include chairs, tables and site fixtures, operating cleaning equipment. Ability to spend extended periods of time walking and standing. Ability to work in adverse weather conditions. Duties can be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview; may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.