Sr Technician Help Desk
Responsible for identifying, troubleshooting and resolving problems encountered on various servers, desktop systems, Internet and other computer technology. Provide technical support to end-users regarding computer hardware and software. Install, test, certify and troubleshoot networking cabling systems. Install configured network equipment; install, configure, monitor and troubleshoot a wide range of network and data communications software and hardware and perform related work as required. Serve as customer contact on technical and service related problems. Install/Incorporate new releases, updates, or other changes to Commercial-Off-The- Shelf software (diagnostics failures/potential failure predictions) to include maintenance of web sites and database programs as required. Ability to work under limited supervision; performs additional duties as assigned.
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
1. Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
2. Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
3. Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
4. Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
5. Provides troubleshooting and support.
6. Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
7. Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
9. Analyzes customer needs to determine functional and cross-functional requirements.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
12. Will create new user accounts, issue the accounts, and maintain the accounts.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Must have a current Security+ ce Certification and a CE (Computer Environment) certification (Server 2012, or AD Install & Config) on first day of work meeting 8570.01M certification requirements.
5-8 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.