Buisness Intelligence Manager
Buisness Intelligence Manager
This position provides leadership to ensure that the organization is utilizing its data resources in the best way possible in order to support its mission statement and objectives. Areas of specific focus are to determine appropriate organizational data warehouse structure, data-based metrics, providing reporting tools to meet stated organizational targets, and evaluating business processes and reporting tool usage to best help the organization meet those targets. Responsible for the development and implementation of strategic organization wide KPI’s and reporting mechanisms for the APA.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree and at least 8-10 years of relevant data warehouse and business intelligence experience.
- Working knowledge of data architecture.
- At least 5 years of experience with all aspects of the BI life cycle preferred. Proven knowledge of data warehouse and ETL methodology.
- High degree of technical competency (e.g. data warehouse design, ETL processes, data standardization and cleansing).
- Proven project management skills.
- Strong computer skills including a working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills, time management, as well as demonstrated experience with statistical analysis.
- Should be fluent in data modeling language and techniques.
- Must be detail and process oriented and possess a collaborative working style and the ability to work both independently in a team environment.
Technical Skillset Required:
- Expert level data warehouse design and development
- Expert level data architecture knowledge and skills
- Expert level ETL processes, including data standardization and data cleansing methodologies
- Expert level in data interpretation, representation and reporting.
- General knowledge of Azure Data Services and Power BI.
- Guiding the development of all reporting methodologies from requirements to development, quality control and delivery
- Being the expert on APA organizational data
- Determining the data needs for the APA as well as the underlying tools to maintain and represent this data.
- Continuously improving the APA reporting, dashboards and collection of data to meet the needs of the organization.
- Supervises Staff and Consultants
The American Psychological Association, located at 750 First St NE, Washington D.C., was named a 2014 recipient of the Washington Post Top Workplace. It is metro accessible from the Red Line.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system[bit.ly] and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary requirements. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.