The Chronicle of Higher Education is seeking a talented Marketing Manager to cultivate relationships with our audiences and support subscription and product marketing efforts. Joining the audience development team, you’ll be responsible for developing product and direct marketing strategies to achieve forecast revenue goals, manage the execution of marketing campaigns, and oversee day-to-day renewal activities.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Managing Director and Director of Marketing & Digital Strategy on high-level strategy for Audience Development (including, but not limited to, print and online subscriptions, online products, and online registrations) with defined metrics and goals.
- Work with Director of Marketing & Digital Strategy to develop, manage, and implement subscription, webinar, and live event marketing efforts including the strategy and execution of, email campaigns, online promotions, direct mail, and social media.
- Oversee the day-to-day renewal activities for all subscriber sources; liaise with Fulfillment Department (ESP) to establish renewal and billing testing; review monthly activity, and monitor other significant retention-related metrics and data.
- Manage and develop circulation forecasts using Webber Model or other forecasting tools.
- Collaborate with editorial and technology teams to identify and execute on audience development projects and initiatives both on- and offline.
- Manage third party vendors used to support all new business and retention efforts and activities.
- Identify and assemble essential metrics needed to monitor online revenue, promotions, lead generation and lead nurturing and reader/visitor engagement.
- Act as the product manager for new product development, coordinating across departments and maximizing and capturing value accordingly.
Who you are:
- 3-5 years working in digital and/or direct marketing. Experience in media or nonprofits a plus. Working knowledge of digital marketing and analytic platforms, such as Eloqua, Marketo, Qualtrics, and Adobe Analytics, a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or other related field of study; or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Ability to build strong relationships with higher education and nonprofit audiences
- A solid understanding of integrated marketing, including email marketing, digital marketing, direct mail, and social media
- Excellent communication skills with a track record of working cross-functionally across departments
- Collaborative, flexible and collegial team player able to operate at all levels of the organization
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Marketing Manager” in the subject heading.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. and offers excellent benefits including 5 weeks of vacation a year.
The Chronicle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Marketing Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly