Intelligence Research Specialist/Geospatial, GS-0132-13
This position is located in the National Geospatial Section, Strategic Production Branch (SPB), Criminal Intelligence Division, Office of Strategic Intelligence and Information (OSII).
The Intelligence Research Specialist will be recognized as a Senior Intelligence Research Specialist and is responsible for the development and effective use of techniques and procedures with the ultimate goal of producing products that assist and maximize the geospatial analysis to the Division and Bureau.
Additionally, the Intelligence Research Specialist will be responsible for evaluating, developing, training, and mentoring geospatial intelligence at ATF, including bringing geospatial methodologies, tradecraft, and production into ATF's criminal intelligence apparatus, and strengthening relationships with a geospatial mission.
Occasional travel - May be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
To qualify, you must meet all qualification requirements described in this announcement by the closing date.
The Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provides eligible surplus and displaced competitive service employees in the Department of Justice with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your Department of Justice component has notified you in writing that you are a surplus or displaced employee eligible for CTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your CTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and rate equivalent to the silver or better category using established category rating criteria. You must provide a copy of your written notification of CTAP eligibility with your application. Additional information about CTAP eligibility is at: http://www.opm.gov/ctap/index.asp.
Veterans' Preference: If you are entitled to veteran preference, you should indicate the type of veteran preference you are claiming on your résumé.
- In order to verify your veteran preference entitlement, please submit a copy of the Member Copy 4 of your DD-214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty); official statement of service from your command if you are currently on active duty; or other official documentation (e.g., documentation of receipt of a campaign badge or expeditionary medal) that shows your military service was performed under honorable conditions.
- In addition, if you are a disabled veteran, a Purple Heart recipient, or widow/widower of a veteran, the spouse of a disabled veteran or the natural mother of a disabled or deceased veteran, you must submit a Standard Form (SF) 15, "Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference," and the other required documentation identified on the reverse side of the SF-15 to support your preference claim. If the SF-15 is not submitted, the documentation required by the form verifying the service connected disability (e.g. letter from the VA confirming the disability) must be submitted in order to receive 10-point preference consideration.
Although veteran preference points are not assigned under the category rating procedures described under "How You Will Be Evaluated," veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-veterans within each category for which they are qualified. In addition, qualified veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more are placed at the top of the highest quality category (i.e. Gold Category)
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. See www.sss.gov.
Subject to a 5-year periodic investigation
Travel and relocation expenses: are not authorized and will not be paid.
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, gender identify and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability (physical and mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, retaliation, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
“Federal Regulations state no ATF employee, his/her spouse, or his/her minor child shall have, directly or indirectly, any financial interest, including compensated employment, stock, or proprietary interest in the alcohol, tobacco, firearms or explosives industries. You should be aware that you may be asked to relinquish any ownership of or interests in the alcohol, tobacco, firearms or explosives industries before a determination can be made whether access to ATF information, information technology systems, and/or facilities can be authorized.”
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under ATF's Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the online assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Gold - applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of possession of all evaluation criteria, Silver - applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of possession of the evaluation criteria or Bronze - applicants possessing the specialized experience. Names of all candidates in the best qualified category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration. Candidates within the Gold category who are eligible for veterans preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans preference eligibles.
The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure your ability in the following competencies:
- Expert skill in geospatial intelligence and data collection, processing, exploitation, dissemination, research, analysis and reporting in order to conduct expert analyses.
- Knowledge of geospatial intelligence methodologies and tradecraft.
- Expert knowledge of the investigative operations, techniques, restrictions, and governing laws and regulations to provide appropriate advice, guidance and consultation.
- Highly-developed skill in oral and written communication to provide information, expert advice and guidance on geospatial solutions.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret