Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Enterprise Project Management Office
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full-Time, Pay Grade 4.2
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Senior Project Manager to join the Enterprise Project Management Team. The Senior Project Manager will deliver projects and provide business solutions for one or more of the following lines of business:
- HR, Legal, Finance and IT
- Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM)
- Provost's Office, Faculty and Academic Administration
The Project Management Office (PMO) at UMUC serves the global strategic needs of stakeholders across the enterprise. Accordingly, Project Managers at every level must deliver business outcomes while executing initiatives across a myriad of verticals. These cross-functional initiatives necessitate well-structured projects plans that clearly outline the resource requirements, the timeline and the budget. Project Managers should have experience establishing, implementing and managing processes and procedures including Change Control as well as Risk and Issues Management. Most importantly, the Senior Project Manager will define the team structure and actively establish and implement the team culture within his/her environment. The Senior Project Manager will report to a Senior Member of the PMO, at the Program Manager or Sr. Director level.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Manage all aspects of large projects for the respective lines of business from inception/concept through delivery.
- Lead project in a transparent and productive way, applying standard project management practice.
- Develop the project's key objectives, scope, success criteria and communicate them effectively across the project team.
- Plan, schedule, and track project deliverables and milestones using Microsoft Project.
- Manage project issues and risks.
- Conduct user acceptance testing.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Manage project resources from other groups and/or 3rd parties in a matrix environment.
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time/on budget and exceeding stakeholders' expectations.
- Communicate formally and informally through existing forums to stakeholders at all levels, including senior management.
- Lead project meetings with a broad cross functional team to communicate the status of various projects, discuss issues/risks, and understand the impact of any changes to business requirements.
- Develop and enhance presentations to executive-level and project stakeholders, as needed.
- Provide thought leadership to further develop and maintain the PMO templates and processes.
- Perform other critical tasks as required by the Vice President of the PMO.
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to professional growth in project management and other key areas.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, as well as six (6) or more years as a Project Manager, managing progressively complex initiatives.
- The Senior Project Manager must have experience managing the execution and implementation of software development projects (SDLC) with multiple integrations.
- Additional required experience includes regularly creating project plans, building/resourcing project teams, and managing/monitoring adherence to the project plan.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communications are required.
- Lastly, the Senior Project Manager must have a successful track record of meeting deadlines in an environment where competing priorities are the norm.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Advanced Degree, formalized project management training and certifications (PMP), business analysis training and certifications, quality assurance training and certifications; Commercial work experience in any of the following environments: Business Process, Web-based applications, SAAS, ERP, CRM, Content Management Systems, Digital Asset Management Systems, and Document Management Systems.
Hands-on experience creating and socializing project charters is also preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.