Media Relations Specialist III
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Your Journey Begins With Us!
Join our Team!
Media Relations Specialist III
Grade and Salary Range
S20, $76,579 - $111,039
Crystal City, VA
Have you ever wondered who runs Reagan National Airport? Or Dulles International Airport? Or the Dulles Toll Road? We do! We’re the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and we’re looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us continue our tradition of outstanding service to travelers in the Washington Metropolitan area. In 2016 alone, we served more than 44 million air passengers. We offer an array of benefits programs, including vacation, retirement, and health benefits. Whether you are traveling the world or plotting your career path, your journey begins with us.
Our Core Values are: MUTUAL RESPECT…INTEGRITY…PRIDE…COLLABORATION
To review our benefits information please click here.
· Media Relations Specialist III
· This is the full performance level job in the Media Relations Specialist series.
· Works under the general supervision of the Media Relations Manager.
· Serves in the Office of Communications and Government Affairs at the Corporate Office Building.
As an official media spokesperson, performs the full range of strategic media relations, public affairs, and public information functions. Performs related functions.
To review the description of duties, please click here.
Please note: You should review this job description, in particular the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) requirements listed. Please reply to KSAs one (1) through (6) only. In the application process, you will be asked to relate your experience, training and education to the KSAs in a narrative format. The rest of the KSAs will be assessed during the application process.
We would suggest that you prepare your responses off line and paste them into the assessment questionnaire. If the required information is provided in your resume, please direct the reviewer to the specific section of the document where this information can be found.
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in any field, or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that totals four years.
2. Five years of progressively responsible experience in corporate or industry media relations/ communications, including:
a) writing articles, press releases, media alerts, etc.;
b) responding to media requests; and
c) serving as an official spokesperson.
3. Must have a state driver’s license in good standing
1. A Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Public Affairs, or Public Relations.
2. Experience with videography, photography and video/audio editing used in media releases.
NECESSARY SPECIAL FACTORS
1. Operates a vehicle airside and landside (requires AOA permit).
2. May be subject to adverse weather conditions when giving interviews at on-scene and outdoor locations. Wears personal protective equipment, as needed, when touring construction areas.
3. Subject to job pressures from intense media demands in emergency situations.
4. Subject to variable duty schedule (including weekends and holiday), and on-call requirements for 24-hour media-call rotation, and recall for non-routine or emergency situations.
5. Work is typically reviewed in progress and upon completion for quality, quantity, timeliness, teamwork, customer service, and other factors.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements. There is an Assessment questionnaire(s) that you must complete. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire(s). If a determination is made that your application does not support your responses, which you provided in the assessment questionnaire, your application will not receive further consideration for this announcement.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.