AACC, a DC-based dynamic, growing international scientific/medical society of clinical laboratory professionals, physicians, research scientists focused on clinical chemistry and related disciplines, is seeking an experienced Editorial Specialist.
The Editorial Specialist will focus on all aspects of the scientific peer review process while maintaining confidentiality and all timeliness requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Confirm all authors successfully completed disclosure, authorship and copyright agreements for all submissions.
- Verify all submissions released to Associate Editors have met journal requirements.
- Provide editorial support to editors, authors, and reviewers and handle all manuscripts throughout the peer review process using Bench>Press manuscript tracking system.
- Invite, confirm and communicate with all authors of commissioned content (Special Issues, Editorials, Reviews, Mini-Reviews, Replies, Perspectives, Opinions, etc.).
- Solicit reviewers and follow-up as required to meet all timeliness requirements while keeping issue schedules a top priority.
- Perform timely queue checks to avoid any backlog in the submission system.
- Suggest improvements to increase efficiency in manuscript tracking system and peer-review procedures.
- Prepare correspondence for authors and reviewers as requested by editors in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work directly with Journals Media Specialist for all social media initiatives.
- Monitor and update Journal website and app to ensure up-to-date information, accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensure Information for Authors is up-to-date and accurate.
- Serve as backup to other Editorial Specialists as needed.
- Meet all issue deadlines for Journal publication.
- Monitor, maintain and track all Journal statistics.
- Accurately build issues in compliance with Journal goals.
- Lead weekly meetings with Editors to review issue and future goals of the Journal.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with supervisor and co-workers.
- Interacts with all AACC employees to facilitate positive working relationships.
- Satisfactorily complies with association policies and procedures.
- Minimal travel may be required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree with editorial office experience. Ideal candidate will possess at least five years of related experience in a peer-reviewed academic journal’s editorial office. This person must be able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Familiarity with the Bench>Press System highly desirable. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills are essential. Attention to detail is a must.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as a procedures manuals and operating and maintenance instructions. Ability to prepare and write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak to authors and reviewers (both domestic and international) in an articulate and professional manner.
Strong typing and word-processing skills needed. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Windows applications is required.
Forward your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls. EOE.
Apply for Editorial Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly