Marketing Manager, Convention and Meetings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field preferred; MBA a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience preferred in managing multiple marketing campaigns of varying types with demonstrated experience in strategic and tactical execution of marketing initiatives for meetings and events that resulted in increased revenue and user engagement. Knowledge of health/ mental health care/ science markets a plus.
- Ability to develop and execute marketing initiatives that are appropriately targeted for APA members and related audiences.
- Proven experience developing multi-platform integrated campaigns that drive conversions.
- Experience working with third party marketing integration platforms (Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred).
- Experience developing campaign measurement frameworks and optimizing campaigns based on KPIs.
- Expertise in Search Engine Marketing and SEO best practices.
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in print and online marketing.
- Ability to successfully work under deadlines and manage multiple projects—some that may have competing priorities.
- Flexible, positive, team-player attitude.
- Strong project management and collaboration skills.
- A demonstrable sense of aesthetics.
- Excellent copywriting, proofing, and editing of marketing communications.
With the goal in mind of enhancing APA’s brand and generating strategic campaigns that will result in increased revenue for the association, the Marketing Manager for Convention and Meetings is responsible for the planning, development, and execution of all marketing strategies and collateral for APA convention and other APA sponsored meetings.
Reporting to the Director, and working collaboratively with various offices engaged in creating the annual convention and other APA meetings, the person in this role will develop and deploy integrated marketing campaigns and branding strategies that successfully motivate members and other potential attendees to participate in these revenue-generating programs through leveraging market research, marketplace trends, competitive information, revenue data, and campaign tracking data (e.g., pay-per-click campaigns, social media, sponsored content, etc.)
The Marketing Manager will also create and execute a communications plan for APA Convention attendees (to highlight programming, drive traffic to the APA exhibit hall, and optimize engagement in the entire convention experience).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software suite. OneNote proficiency a plus.
- Solid knowledge of emerging technologies and website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics).
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (preferred) or other third party marketing integration platforms, social media platforms, and mobile marketing technology, as well as traditional marketing channels.
The American Psychological Association, located at 750 First St NE, Washington D.C., was named a 2014 recipient of the Washington Post Top Workplace. It is metro accessible from the Red Line.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system[bit.ly] and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary requirements. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.