Individual Education Program (IEP) Specialist
The Foundation Schools is a special education day school which delivers innovative school programs and support services for children and adolescents with emotional disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and other learning challenges. The Foundation Schools is seeking an IEP Specialist to work in our Largo, Maryland school.
The IEP Specialist will assist the IEP Compliance Coordinator with all aspects of the special education IEP process and other administrative compliance related responsibilities as appropriate. The IEP Specialist will assist the IEP Compliance Coordinator in order to ensure that the school remains is in compliance with all county, state, district and federal regulations and guidelines. The Specialist will ensure that all special education data is completed, collected and updated with specific county, state, district or federal specifications.
For over 40 years, The Foundation Schools’ mix of academic support and therapeutic services has given our students a chance to reach their full potential. The Foundation Schools is currently approved by the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia to provide services to students who have not been successful in their home school’s environment. The Foundation Schools has schools in Gaithersburg and Largo, Maryland that serve over 200 students in grades K-12.
Our Core Values’ provide a strong foundation for our programs, are integrated into our positive behavior intervention system, drive our actions and guide our staff and students daily to TWIRL (Teamwork, Work Ethic, Integrity, Respect, and Leadership). We offer a supportive working environment with small class sizes and excellent resources.
The Foundation Schools offers a comprehensive benefit package including tuition assistance and a generous retirement package. Visit our website at www.foundationschools.org for more information
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in education, special education or related field
- One or more years of experience in a special education setting, preferably working with students with emotional disabilities is preferred
- Knowledge of IDEA 2004 and its specific applications to special education
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and computer proficiency required
- Experience writing IEP content and attending IEP meetings a plus
- Training on MD and/or DC IEP systems a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) abilities are a plus