Cyber Security Analyst - TS/SCI + Poly Required
We are seeking a Security Analyst to support our security analytic and implementation team. This role is responsible for the the daily operation and maintenance of existing security tool deployments. Activities include detailed log analysis, network traffic monitoring, and vulnerability risk assessment. The candidate will be expected to conduct all source analysis of cyber threats, their vectors, and potential impact. Additonally, the individual will need to be able to assist with optimizing and enhancing security tools and continuous monitoring capabilities. Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
2. Familiarity with log analytic and network traffic monitoring tools such as Splunk, Snare, Wireshark, and Solarwinds.
3. Performs vulnerability identification, risk analysis, and remediation.
4. Involvement with incident response, containment, and mitigation.
5. Ability to evaluate worldwide security events to assess system impact and/or risk (zero day exploits, hardware failures, and/or sponsored cyber attacks).
6. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
7. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
8. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
9. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
10. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
11. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
12. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
13. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
14. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
15. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
16. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
17. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
18. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.
Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other cloud architectures.
Strong understanding of VPNs, VLANs, and TCP/IP.
Experience with Linux operating systems.
Experience OS hardening using tools such as CIS-CAT.
Experience with navigating an enterprise security accreditation process.
Strong documentation, presentation, and briefing skills.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
Thrive in the stability of a large organization, building your career within General Dynamics IT
Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in across the United States and the world
Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
Professional Development Assistance, covering the cost of obtaining professional & technical certifications
Educational Reimbursement toward degree programs and individual coursework
401K Match - with 100% vesting on day one
Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
Healthy Rewards Program, where you can earn gift cards for practicing healthy habits
We know work-life balance is important and offer Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
Employee Discount Program - Save up to 60% on hundreds of entertainment products