Advertising Sales Associate
We're seeking a talented sales professional to join our advertising sales team. You'll sell digital and print advertising to our loyal, nation-wide university and non-profit clients. Tapping into your hunter instincts, you'll also have plenty of opportunity to target and sell to new customers at a higher commission rate. Serving our customers' needs is our number one priority. You'll have a big role to play in helping us achieve that by providing outstanding customer service and growing revenue in your territory.
What you’ll do:
- Build relationships with new and existing customers as their sales consultant. Assess their short- and long-term talent acquisition needs and match them with Chronicle advertising products.
- Identify new prospects through territory, customer, and competitive research. Systematically understand and develop consultative approach to inform outbound sales activity.
- Blanket your territory with sales activity to grow revenue with new and existing customers.
- Successfully engage with both academic and administrative decision-makers and staff at community colleges and non-profit organizations.
- 1+ years of inside sales experience or consultative phone-selling experience.
- 1+ years of experience in customer service or building customer relationships.
- Demonstrated success in building relationships with customers and serving in a consultative sales role.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Familiarity with Salesforce preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Interested candidates should send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Advertising Sales Associate" in the subject heading.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. and offers excellent benefits including 5 weeks of vacation a year.
A journalism-driven multimedia company, The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy provide award-winning news coverage to people on college campuses and to nonprofit organizations around the world. Vitae is The Chronicle’s online career hub, which offers free career management tools, a powerful community, and the candid insights that academics need to build successful careers and fulfill their mission.
The Chronicle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Advertising Sales Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly