Donor Relations Coordinator
Today is your opportunity to join an innovative, cutting edge and highly effective non-profit organization tackling one of the most critical public health issues of our time—lung cancer. Lung Cancer Alliance is focused solely on saving lives and when you join the team you will help us do just that, each and every day.
Led by a team of passionate, driven professionals, Lung Cancer Alliance takes a strategic and scientific approach to turn those diagnosed into survivors and ensure those at risk receive the benefit of screening. Take this opportunity to join the team and the movement that will flip the survival rate for the leading cause of cancer death on its head.
The Donor Relations Coordinator is responsible for managing the day to day fundraising needs of the organization ranging from identifying and researching major donor prospects and major gift strategy development, to administering annual giving and database management. Specific duties include the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Director of Philanthropy to identify, engage and cultivate donors through strategic prospect research, correspondence and relationship management to successfully retain and engage them at advanced levels with the organization.
- Assist in the design and implementation of strategies to broaden the cultivation of principal and major donors including upgrading existing donors to higher giving levels. Prepare profile briefings with background information, capacity and affiliations; manage grant proposals and reporting needs; identify donors with the greatest potential through research and analysis.
- Prepare major donor and prospect correspondence including letters of inquiry, proposals, appeals, updates and reports.
- Manage small portfolio to enhance donor relations among loyal annual and planned gift donors.
- Manage monthly giving clubs and Legacy Club through regular communications, solicitations, club benefits and moves management strategies to grow their relationship with LCA.
- Handle all donor concerns and issues with the highest degree of professionalism as a primary face of the organization.
- Using donor database (Raiser’s Edge) produce reports based on data, and analysis of trends and donor activity, to inform the Director of Philanthropy about needs and gaps. Help to ensure data integrity across the team.
- Work with marketing and fundraising teams to help devise compelling donor communications including e-mail appeals and campaigns, Weekly Breathers, Impact Report and other regular updates to keep constituents engaged and attract new donors.
- Serve as back-up for donor gift processing and acknowledgments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience working with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online or similar fundraising software; ability to manage, produce and analyze reports.
- Highly motivated creative self-starter with the ability to think critically and strategically.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with ability to respond quickly to unanticipated events.
- Meet deadlines with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment within a dynamic team setting and understand supporting role in others’ assignments or tasks.
- Demonstrated sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Commitment to Lung Cancer Alliance’s mission and vision.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3 years development experience working within non-profit field or equivalent.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Generous benefits package included.
- Lung Cancer Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Lung Cancer Alliance through email, firstname.lastname@example.org noting Donor Relations in subject line.
For more information, please visit our award winning website at www.lungcanceralliance.org